Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chinese department Store

I reccommend talking to Vash via MSN directly too. Like he said, they seem to have only slow and instable 3G connection at the moment. so e-Mails are not always answered or late. But on Chat fast and helpfull.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    It has been one month since I waits on my order and they answer only 40% of my e-mail!
    It's not very clear!!!

And you, bad experiences or good business with it! It's a constructive forum and I think that it's good to raise a new topic!

*** Now everything it's ok! I had paid a little more and I think he had not detected my payment, but when the payment was received the good material was at home 8 days later! ***
    Maybe they are not manufacture. and they need wait surportor's reply that takes a longer time.
    http://www.jiepu.com

Anyone order anything else besides the lasers on there? Looking at some strobes.. they are a fraction of the cost. Also, they have trussing which looks almost identical to Global Truss, which is also manufactured in China.. wondering if it's the same without the brand name on it..
    - instinct

TBH, I wouldn't really trust the trusses () because if anything goes wrong with one of those, your whole mess can come crashing down and people may get hurt. Invest some money into decent Prolyte stuff.

If a fixture dies during a gig, nobody gets hurt, at most a bit pissed off or bored. So there's less risk in purchasing cheap stuff there.

Emphasising again: Don't, repeat, DON'T get the imitation cheap Chinese truss or rigging. Unless you really hang *nothing* off it...

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney3K View Post
    TBH, I wouldn't really trust the trusses () because if anything goes wrong with one of those, your whole mess can come crashing down and people may get hurt. Invest some money into decent Prolyte stuff.

If a fixture dies during a gig, nobody gets hurt, at most a bit pissed off or bored. So there's less risk in purchasing cheap stuff there.

Emphasising again: Don't, repeat, DON'T get the imitation cheap Chinese truss or rigging. Unless you really hang *nothing* off it...
    Actually, into looking into it, it's still cheaper to buy it in America after shipping.
    - instinct

Default I purchased some RGB LED light tubes

I purchased some RGB LED light tubes about 3 weeks ago. Initial email was quick and I was told they were ready for immediate dispatch, but 1week went by with no tracking number and about 3 or 4 emails unanswered. I finally put a PayPal dispute in and I got an answer right away. CDS staff told me the item had already been shipped.
    As I told Vash, all he had to say was there's a delay but to get no answers you start to get suspicious..............especially as my ISP did not reccomend I access their website due to some security issue.

Anyway got everything in about 10 days total, really well packed and just couldnt find a better deal on that item. I would buy again, but I agree their communication does suck.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Expo86 View Post
    I purchased some RGB LED light tubes about 3 weeks ago. Initial email was quick and I was told they were ready for immediate dispatch, but 1week went by with no tracking number and about 3 or 4 emails unanswered. I finally put a PayPal dispute in and I got an answer right away. CDS staff told me the item had already been shipped.
    As I told Vash, all he had to say was there's a delay but to get no answers you start to get suspicious..............especially as my ISP did not reccomend I access their website due to some security issue.

Anyway got everything in about 10 days total, really well packed and just couldnt find a better deal on that item. I would buy again, but I agree their communication does suck.

Pete

Which tube lights did you purchase? How do you like them? The prices on there seem so amazingly low, I wouldn't expect too much.
    - instinct

]Which tube lights did you purchase? How do you like them? The prices on there seem so amazingly low, I wouldn't expect too much.[/QUOTE]

I bought 32 of these; http://www.chinesedepartmentstore.co...roducts_id/437

but have been busy since I got them and have not played around with them much other than 1) They all work
    2) They are very bright
    3) Are built solid for outdoor use
    4) Controller has about 26 programs built in.
    5) The instruction manual that came with the controller is less than usefull and I
    can't for the life of me figure it out. I think it will be learn by trial and error.

Also I have no idea what prompted me to buy 32 when all I needed was half that, but shipping was a significant cost so got more than I wanted. So if anyone needs 16 tubes, minus the controller(which is only about $60 US I think), I have some.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Expo86 View Post
    ]Which tube lights did you purchase? How do you like them? The prices on there seem so amazingly low, I wouldn't expect too much.

I bought 32 of these; http://www.chinesedepartmentstore.co...roducts_id/437

but have been busy since I got them and have not played around with them much other than 1) They all work
    2) They are very bright
    3) Are built solid for outdoor use
    4) Controller has about 26 programs built in.
    5) The instruction manual that came with the controller is less than usefull and I
    can't for the life of me figure it out. I think it will be learn by trial and error.

Also I have no idea what prompted me to buy 32 when all I needed was half that, but shipping was a significant cost so got more than I wanted. So if anyone needs 16 tubes, minus the controller(which is only about $60 US I think), I have some.

Pete[/QUOTE]

Sweet! How much for the 16 tubes w/ Shipping to Orange County, CA?
    - instinct