Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Laserwave UK RGB modules

Yep, that's my video
    (The galvo's were throttled back to about 14% scan size I recall )

The colours look naff on the video compared to in person

I know you'll find it amazing when you first get your projector working - you'll be playing with it for weeks on end
    BTW: You will have to bring your kit down to one of the UKLM's... that is a necessity...
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

How do you throttle back the scan size in your software, you've got QuickShow right?. In mine (Showeditor) I presume its the same as moving the overall x and y scan size slider down from the 100 mark to the 14 mark?

Oh yeah..... I'll be there for that

Yep that's right. Lock the X and Y and drag down...

(as attached...)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen shot 2010-01-20 at 18.11.19.png  

Hi matty-

the wides are an AMAZINGLY fun scanner. if most of your work is beam shows, forget aobut these things are a must have for you!! you definitely can not scan graphics that wide. so make sure you set up a much smaller projection area for your graphics.

when rob gets back i would strongly urge you to get a set of these from him!!!

@daniel-

your projector looks great man! awesome job! Is this the triangle shaped one i saw when i was there in england?

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    @daniel-

your projector looks great man! awesome job! Is this the triangle shaped one i saw when i was there in england?

-Marc
    Cheers Marc! I need to get around to taking more photos of it at some point...
    Yes it is the triangular shaped one - however a lot had changed since your visit You'll have to make that trip to England an annual thing and pop over again sometime

Ta,
    Dan

Thanks Marc yeah I can't wait to get them, there all I need to complete my system

....you can help me too I hope. In about 2 years I'm moving to the USA, my wife is from Utah and she misses home. How much of a problem will it be for me to take my laser equipment with me back to the US? Then I'm planning on setting up my business over there too.

Quote Originally Posted by mattydrac View Post
    Thanks Marc yeah I can't wait to get them, there all I need to complete my system

....you can help me too I hope. In about 2 years I'm moving to the USA, my wife is from Utah and she misses home. How much of a problem will it be for me to take my laser equipment with me back to the US? Then I'm planning on setting up my business over there too.
    wont be a problem at all. i honestly would ship it though. probably safer and probably better chance of the airlines not losing it. you will have to certify and variance your equipment over here. but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. its not hard. just time consuming. I would probably start doing that process ~6 months- 1 year before you get over here. this way when you get settled wou're ready to start doing shows.

feel free to PM me or email me if you have detailled questions. I'll be more than happy to start pointing you in the right directions.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Thanks Mark, I'll definitely take you up on the help when the time gets closer. Cheers mate

Matt

Arrow

Is it good thing there not right?

Very Nice