Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laserwave UK RGB modules

Default Laserwave UK RGB modules

Hi everyone,

After two very dissapointing Laserworld purchases (no surprises there) I decided its time to start building my own lasers. So I contacted Rob at Laser-wave UK. First of all I want to say a huge thank you to Rob for all the help and advice he's given me, and even after taking my money he still answers my calls I'll definitley be going back to Rob in the future for more bits. He's a top bloke.

My laser modules arrived this week from Rob. But weren't what I oredered?

I ordered the following;

640 Red @ 350mw
    532 Green @ 300mw
    473 Blue @ 200mw

All analogue modules which including the PSU's and drivers in the price, which was Just over £1700.00

When my modules were tested what I actually got was very different from what I had ordered. This is what I got;

640 Red @ 380mw
    532 Green @ 450mw
    473 Blue @ 290mw

HELL YEAH BABY

My modules in action

I just have to decide on which scanners now????

Other companies mentioning no names should take note, this is proper service. I think we should start a Laserworld support group for all people who have been had by poor Laserworld products, there seems to be rather a lot of us????

Very nice setup there
    Exact same modules as the ones I've picked up. I'm very happy with the LaserWave ones - the beams match really well, and those powers and colours kick out a sweet white
    Before I had the 640nm 350mW - I had 660nm - and the 640 has made a HUGE difference on all fronts. It's seriously the way forward

P.S. As for scanners; call me biased, but I'd go for the DT-40 Wides! It's just not right to be scanning at circa 95 degrees... Then if you want to to some nice abstracts or graphics, throttle them back a bit and turn up to 40k or so and they are still stunning.

You've gotta post some pics of your build and some beams when you get it all together

Dan
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

Cheers

As soon as the case arrives I'll add on pics as I proceed with the build. Final cherry on the cake will be my Pangolin software

Hi Mattydrac

Good move going to Rob for your Lasers and as for scanners get back in touch with Rob. If there in your price range go for the DT40 wide's.

Are you getting your case from Rob as well?

Carl

Sounds like the DT40's are a good scanner?

The case I designed myself and I'm having built by Lasermaster in Cornwall. Hopefully I'll get it next week so I can put some pics up of it. If people like it then I can get more made for anyone who wants one?

Quote Originally Posted by mattydrac View Post
    Sounds like the DT40's are a good scanner?
    DT-40 = Fantastic
    DT-40 Wide = SUPER MEGA

DT40 systems are by far the best scanners right now. (barring a set of Cambridge scanners of course). The wides are just amazing. i have a few sets on the way. 90 degree angle...are you kidding me?? LOL.

Looks like you got the usual superb service from Rob. Great to hear. Sorry it had to come under the circumstances of orignally being ripped off by Laserworld though.

All you need now is to get into some Pangolin software and you're on your way to a bad ass laser system! Congrats!

Looks great! Keep the pics coming!!

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

I'm trying to decide what will be the best out of the two to go for the DT-40 Pro's or the Wide version. I'd say I mostly do beam shows only about 15% of what I do is animation.

How do the wides do with animations?

I'm trying to decide what will be the best out of the two to go for the DT-40 Pro's or the Wide version. I'd say I mostly do beam shows only about 15% of what I do is animation.
    Then you NEED the wides
    The DT-40Pro's go quite wide, 50-60 deg ish. But you won't get anywhere near the 90+ degrees the wides can offer.

How do the wides do with animations?
    Just the same as the normal DT-40's (more or less). Just throttle back the scan size and crank up the points per second to 40K etc...
    They handle graphics perfectly.

Hope that helps,
    Dan

Thanks Dan, yeah it helps loads. I should be ordering them as soon as Rob comes back after his trip

Is this you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpJgisSEB_I

Your laser is a similar spec to mine isn't it? I can't wait to get it all finished the colours are yours are so bright and vivid, looks well sweet

cheers

Matt