Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Pangolin Quickshow Software--good price.

I find it interesting that people can spend $1,000~$10,000 on a laser projector but think that $795 is just too expensive for a software/DAC solution when it is a major part of the laser system.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    I find it interesting that people can spend $1,000~$10,000 on a laser projector but think that $795 is just too expensive for a software/DAC solution when it is a major part of the laser system.
    Agreed. Although what I seem to see more often are those that buy a sub $1,000 system and come here as newbies looking for how to operate it and then can't swallow the fact that they need to now go spend nearly the same amount as they did on the projector for everything else - control, cables, atmosphere, etc.
    PM Sent...

The market dictates the price at which products are sold, not the seller. If people could not afford to buy Pangolin then Pangolin would have been out of business already.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Agreed. Although what I seem to see more often are those that buy a sub $1,000 system and come here as newbies looking for how to operate it and then can't swallow the fact that they need to now go spend nearly the same amount as they did on the projector for everything else - control, cables, atmosphere, etc.
    If I could have bought Quickshow when I entered this hobby I have my doubts that Spaghetti would have been born because the entry price for the DAC and software is pretty reasonable. But at the same time, even if I did, I couldn't afford multiple projectors with Quickshow because the incremental cost is too much for me. So, I don't see this a big deal for single projector guys, but for multi projectors I do. But, ultimately I don't care one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    -snip-
    Apologies. My main irk comes from the fact I bought phoenix and it was utterly useless for my needs without paying another £300 to unlock the show editor. The image editors are broken to the point where the only functionality out of the software is what comes with it; the preset patterns that you select. I have never used quickshow. Therefore I am now having to consider investing in LSX to get what I want as Beyond is far too expensive for me. I am a student and came into this wanting to create shows as a hobby without realizing that you need to pay at least couple thousand £ for a decent projector + software.

(by the way, beyond essentials + fb3 is about £1000 / $1450 in the UK (http://shop.stanwaxlaser.co.uk/pango...ller-624-p.asp http://www.musik-produktiv.co.uk/pan...interface.html)
    Last edited by neobenedict; 05-18-2016 at 10:12.

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    indeed. Pangolin offers a very attractive package (quickshow) which they even recently updated for like ~$600 ??
    For an all in one dac application with excellent liveplay software which you can earn your investement back on I feel like that's a very good offering.

Pangolin invested in a lot of creative and enthousiastic individuals and sponsored them who also contribute to the industry (and pangolin does contribute otherwise too)
    I feel like they have been (and are) very generous. They do not owe is to go through this route.. yet here they are doing it for us anyway!

Not bashing Sollinger or Lobo here but I don't see them do this that much.. I think we should be a bit more apreciative to what we are being given here.

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    ...Sollinger or Lobo...
    Yeah, and check out the prices from Sollinger or Lobo and then come back and say Pangolin is too expensive! Even Digisynth is 2 to 3 times the price of Pangolin and that's not including all the hardware needed.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.