Thread: Need a replacement 445/450nm Diode

Default Need a replacement 445/450nm Diode

Good day everyone

I have one of the Optlaser RGB bricks with a dead blue. I have taken it apart to the bare diode and would like to find a replacement. I don't know too much about it but I do know it is blue (not sure if 445 or 450 but It is NOT 405) and it is roughly 200mw. It is in the 3.8mm diode package, I would like to find a replacement for <30$ if possible. If somebody could point me in the right direction I would be exceedingly grateful. (opt-laser wants 30$ for a replacement plus 30$ shipping)

Thanks for the help.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

it's probably one of these:

https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf...m-pl450-diodes

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo222 View Post
    Good day everyone

I have one of the Optlaser RGB bricks with a dead blue. I have taken it apart to the bare diode and would like to find a replacement. I don't know too much about it but I do know it is blue (not sure if 445 or 450 but It is NOT 405) and it is roughly 200mw. It is in the 3.8mm diode package, I would like to find a replacement for <30$ if possible. If somebody could point me in the right direction I would be exceedingly grateful. (opt-laser wants 30$ for a replacement plus 30$ shipping)

Thanks for the help.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.