Thread: Casio XJ-A Article

...neet, thanks... cool review, but - sheesh - phosphor wheel-mirror to get green... how well would that maintain the same luminosity in 2-3 yrs / 20k hrs?...comments? Though, certainly, in 2-3 yrs even this spankin-new product will be a 'high-tech coaster'.... But certainly, an interesting idea....

cya
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Though, certainly, in 2-3 yrs even this spankin-new product will be a 'high-tech coaster'
    Propbably with a load of barely used diodes inside!
    I bet the 2nd hand value of these may stay artificially high for a bit...

When I worked here http://www.lightfarms.com/ developing portable presentation projectors, we NEVER thought of an idea like this.

This is a very innovative design...i suspect captured alien technology from 1947.

had to edit... however that was 10 years ago, and we were considered cutting edge
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    ...neet, thanks... cool review, but - sheesh - phosphor wheel-mirror to get green... how well would that maintain the same luminosity in 2-3 yrs / 20k hrs?...comments? Though, certainly, in 2-3 yrs even this spankin-new product will be a 'high-tech coaster'.... But certainly, an interesting idea....

cya
    j
    It comes with a 3 year warranty, and there's a lot of experience out there with blue light and phosphor. (As in gazillion high intensity white light LEDs)

It's caused quite a stir around here. I'll guarantee I’ve given it a huge amount of word of mouth. There’s a lot here that’s not immediately obvious. For example this illumination system is scalable – bulbs - not so much. Just look at the size factor… The phosphor/strobe wheel limits the refresh frequency of the system, but there’s a good reason to separate the two functions. If you focused the blue through the strobe disk the blue/green transition moves closer to a square wave and there’s no reason you couldn’t multiply the refresh rate.

Mine is supposed to be in my greedy little hands tomorrow, and I’m going to spend at least a couple of weeks using it as a video projector – if it’s as good at that role as I hope - I’ll just buy some diodes/lenses/dichros off of Ebay and work at catching up with you guys…

brian

Apparently not a great video projector. The only two reveiwers on the BestBuy website returned their units immediately saying the picture quality and brightness (especially red) are poor and there is a lot of rainbow flashing.

Lightbulb

I only watched mine for a few minutes last night but it looked good to me. It was the VGA input from a laptop so nothing HD. The phosphorus wheel is a little noisy. I did think that watching the videos of beam shows on my Kvant, the 445nm blue looked a bit too purplish. I plan on hooking it up to the cable box later today if I can find an HDMI cable for it. The big plus about it is it is supposed to be a portable device; it is slim and very light.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Try feeding it with HD video, it's looks great!
    I took some pics before I extracted the diode module... >>> LINK <<<

R.I.P. beamer, I liked you although you were quite noisy ;-)

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

[QUOTE=Laserman532;147997]When I worked here http://www.lightfarms.com/ developing portable presentation projectors, we NEVER thought of an idea like this.

Thank you for telling me where something on my desk came from. :-)

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

[QUOTE=mixedgas;148762]
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    When I worked here http://www.lightfarms.com/ developing portable presentation projectors, we NEVER thought of an idea like this.

Thank you for telling me where something on my desk came from. :-)

Steve
    the uv version i helped develop for over a year
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.