Thread: 445nm gone fuzzy

Default 445nm gone fuzzy

Has anyone had these diodes just decide to go fuzzy, was watching a laser show and blue just became a very large beam 4x normal size and no longer sharp it now looks fuzzy. Using a 3 piece 405 Aixiz lens. It will not focus any better than it currently is manually. Ideas? Was not driving it hard, but modulating it from 150ma to 500ma. It did not get hot to the touch and it was after about 20 minutes of use.

Thanks

John
    leading in trailing technology

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Has anyone had these diodes just decide to go fuzzy, was watching a laser show and blue just became a very large beam 4x normal size and no longer sharp it now looks fuzzy. Using a 3 piece 405 Aixiz lens. It will not focus any better than it currently is manually. Ideas? Was not driving it hard, but modulating it from 150ma to 500ma. It did not get hot to the touch and it was after about 20 minutes of use.

Thanks

John
    Sounds like possible back reflection or the lens fried. Picture?

Lightbulb

I'd try a new lense if you got one around.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Thanks guys will try to swap the lens, i'll take some pictures when I get a chance.

Default How dry I am!!!!

I think you have been drinking and lasing again....things DO go fuzzy after awhile !! haha good luck !! CDB and TW
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

If it is one of the newer full thread Aixiz lenses, check that the retaining ring holding the elements inside the lens nut is tightened. Mine were loose and focus was poor because the lens elements were moving around.

Not fuzzy, but I have noticed my 445nm diode has gotten considerably weaker and has had probably no more than an hour of use. I am running it at low power so it might be due to back reflection from the lens or maybe some electrical spikes. Not sure. I haven't take it out to do any checks, yet.

Quote Originally Posted by RA_pierce View Post
    If it is one of the newer full thread Aixiz lenses, check that the retaining ring holding the elements inside the lens nut is tightened. Mine were loose and focus was poor because the lens elements were moving around.
    We have a winner! thanks back to being a trim elliptical beam.

Default Normal Stupid title here !!

Terrawatt sez....give him the Scottish accent schtick.....soo..."Hootmon...I canna resist...Dooon't ya new tha Lewse noots will mak yaeyes goo all Fuzzy !!!"
    CDB / TW...Glad your problem is solved!!!
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !