Thread: Apple Ethernet Adapter with QM2000.NET?

Default Apple Ethernet Adapter with QM2000.NET?

I just installed LD2000 on a macbook air with Windows 7 on bootcamp. I'm using a QM2000.NET that I know works fine, and I'm attempting to connect with the Apple Thunderbolt Ethernet Adapter. The network appears to be working, and I'm sure all my IP settings are correct, but the QM is not recognized by LD2000. I can't figure it out. I've tried everything. Has anyone had this issue? Is the adapter not compatible?

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by LapisLaser View Post
    I just installed LD2000 on a macbook air with Windows 7 on bootcamp. I'm using a QM2000.NET that I know works fine, and I'm attempting to connect with the Apple Thunderbolt Ethernet Adapter. The network appears to be working, and I'm sure all my IP settings are correct, but the QM is not recognized by LD2000. I can't figure it out. I've tried everything. Has anyone had this issue? Is the adapter not compatible?
    should work fine. make sure the thunderbolt adapter is presented to the vm side.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

I'm not sure what that means. VM side?

Are you referring to a virtual desktop? It's a boot camp partition so that wouldn't apply

Are you referring to a virtual desktop? It's a boot camp partition so that wouldn't apply
    sorry. i use vmware, and didn't read carefully.

does the OS see the nic? can you ping other hosts on the network? can you ping the qm.net?
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Yeah, the network sees everything and seems to be in order. I just can't get ld2000 to see the QM. Haven't tried to ping, but I'll give it a shot

I'm pretty much at my wits end trying to figure this out. I've tried everything. I can't get the system to recognize the .net box..

I'm pretty much at my wits end trying to figure this out. I've tried everything. I can't get the system to recognize the .net box..
    make sure the qm.net is on the same subnet as the mac.

try to ping the qm.net's ip address
    what is the ip address of the mac and what is the ip address of the qm.net?