Thread: Question about the "pure diode" pjs

Default Question about the "pure diode" pjs

EDIT: The way some of the members here have desperately tried to identify my location and nationality for whatever reason they believed was needed for by asking an admin to check my profile logs and researching me by the content of my posts has been very creepy and unnecessary. So bye.
    Last edited by dream; 04-28-2016 at 16:29.

Perfect modulation and no cold issues
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

dpss and diodes produce very different beams so depends what your end goal is
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

I think its wrong to brand all diodes as being of certain characteristics. I have 2W DPSS heads now with worse beam specs than multimode 520nm modules.
    Modulation is the main benefit, and the lower maintenance requirements.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Don't forget that the 520nm wavelength is about -20% less bright than 532nm.

And color mix are relatively different, i.e. less bright yellow but better cyans...

And I believe the reason why manufacturers tend to promote only pure diode projectors now is the way better reliability of those green sources compared to the older cheap DPSS, so way less warranty repair for them !

I'm not necessarily seeing the brightness differences in the real world. Possibly due to 520 modulating better and hitting peak power faster.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

And I believe the reason why manufacturers tend to promote only pure diode projectors now is the way better reliability of those green sources compared to the older cheap DPSS, so way less warranty repair for them !
    Manufacturers of projectors are no longer have to rely on the service and warrenty of CNI , laserwave , viasho or other dpss manufacturers. With the new green diodes they are able to do the repair themselves wich is in the worse case a replacement of a diode, driver and re-allign thiungs. Its a bennefit for the customer as it shortens the repair time and its a bennefit for the manufacturer as its cheaper if they can repair things on their own. So its a win win situation. Because modules can be a FULL RGB the manufacturing of the projector can be cheaper as they don,t have to pay CNI, Laserwave or Viasho their profit. Its just makes more sence to go 520nm.

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    I'm not necessarily seeing the brightness differences in the real world. Possibly due to 520 modulating better and hitting peak power faster.
    Probably, 520 are counterbalancing a tad less visible wavelength by reaching full rater power under modulation especially at high speed, it really all depends on the quality of the modules you compare. But just by looking at 520nm, I can tell this color has a bit less "punch" that 532nm