Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB: HeNe Power Supply for Melles Griot 25 - LHP - 928 - 249 35mW Tube

Default WTB: HeNe Power Supply for Melles Griot 25 - LHP - 928 - 249 35mW Tube

Hi

As Title, I need to find a power supply for a Melles Griot 25 - LHP - 928 - 249 35mW Tube.

Anyone got a suitable one lying around they want to sell for reasonable money?

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Hey Jem, how was your LEM? Lasers and hazers and phasers and beer? (...sorry, worked all nite and I'm reeeally tired....

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    power supply for a Melles Griot 25 - LHP - 928 - 249 35mW Tube.
    Pretty sure this little pip would work...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	17144

...runs my MG LHP (don't remember the exact model, but it is very close to the number you list, I'm quite sure of it) just fine...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	03.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	17145Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	17146

..I even ran this much larger 40mW Siemens beastie with it, once...

..Yes, it is a 'potted-brick' style, with an accessible little trim-pot for V-control, and I just built that little 'housing' for it, w/ the Alden connector, keysw, etc...

...only 'trouble' is, it's in NY.... and I'm in CA... how soon do ya need it? Lemme know, I might be making a trip to the NY shop w/in 2 weeks... Then-again, it's highly-likely someone over there has got something just as nice... well, almost, anyway.....

cheers...Dr Seuss is going to zleep, now...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Thanks Jon

If you wouldn't mind letting me know the price by PM.

You now know my little project I mentioned that was consuming funds. I have a couple of the HeNe heads that I need supplies for.

Saw this on Ebay, would it be any good?

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Hey Jem -

If you wouldn't mind letting me know the price by PM.
    $400. + usps, and it comes with a FREE 4-position lumia-kit! Just teasin'... Seriously, I dunno... I'm sure that as soon as I sold it, I'd repent, and wish I hadn't... I'm sure someone else could likely 'beat the price'...

Saw this on Ebay, would it be any good?
    Hmm... I'm tryin really hard, buuut I guess I'm just not that good at 'divining' ebay addresses, m8... Did I miss somethin?

cheers..
    j

Ahhh... No link ... That would be a problem.

My memory really is getting worse

Try these...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Cheers

Jem

Jem
    do you get the impression those sellers are related?
    one called 5sales the other called 6sales......

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Laser Warning whole laser

I have the whole 35 mW laser for $1,500 in good condition 05-LHP-928 with lab supply. I also have an extra lab supply but really don't want to sell it. $400 plus shipping would be my best price with a works perfect when you get it warranty only. Best, Phil 142laser

PS What does MG charge for a new one? $800? I have not checked in awhile.
    Phil Bergeron( AKA 142laser)

Hey Rob! -

How goes, m8? Howz the 168? Scooning-along, I'd imagine...

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    do you get the impression those sellers are related?
    one called 5sales the other called 6sales......
    Hah - as long as I'm channeling Dr Seuss: 5sales, 6sales, 7sales, more!... 8sales, 9sales, crikey, what a bore! (Sorry, after working all night, beer works reeealy fast...

Anyhoo... ahem.. Sir Jem:

Ahhh... No link ... That would be a problem....Try these...
    Mmm, if I had to 'guess' (since without model#-info, on that MG-one, that's about all we can do... I'd guess the SP-one *might* work, but unclear as-to what 'adjustability' it has... which, would be 'nice' to have, so you can tailor your tube output...

Here's what I found as-to tube V specs: Based on what is most-likely your model (off the model#, not pix... the info here: http://www.cvimellesgriot.com/Compan...SuperGroupid=1 when x-ref'd with the PSU-page: http://www.cvimellesgriot.com/Produc...-Supplies.aspx
    I'd guess your PSU needs to see between 3500 (most-likely 4000V) - 4500V @ 7-8 mA of current... I am pretty-sure the head I have is the 925, rated-for 25mW... the PSU I put into that encosure I have will-do up-to 4500V and 7.5mA, IIRC... I know it was well-over 4K Volts @ healthy-current, since it lit and ran that much-larger Siemens, head...

...One other thought is the 'connector' - HV-connectors are, IMO, better NOT spliced, and since I am assuming your head has the 2-prong 'Alden' style connector (vs those 3-cond. Amp-ones on the eBay models, there...) you might have a 'challenge' finding the other end to those 'atypical' connectors... but maybe-not... not sure how common that style of cpc, is, over there...

...but your call, Cap'n... if you're not in a 'rush' I can hook you up with it on my next trip to NY... either way, no biggle... lemme know...

cheers...
    j

Thanks Jon

I'll wait till the heads arrive later this week and i'll then know what we're up against in the 'connector' department. I'll also be able to examine the heads and find out all the information about them, currently I only have the basic information supplied by the seller.

I'll be in touch as soon as they land andd i've had he chance to unpack them.

Regards

Jem

Laser Warning overcurrent

Don't use a large siemens supply for the 25-30 mW long Siemens heads. They run at 11-12 mA and the supply will KILL your MG head which is 8 mA max. The connector is wrong also; that should be fair warning to lok out... Phil
    Phil Bergeron( AKA 142laser)