Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Wall

Thumbs up The Wall

Saw Roger Waters perform The Wall last night here in Omaha- man, what a production!
    The combination of music, visuals, theatrics was mind blowing. If this show passes near you, I would recommend doing whatever it takes to go!
    -Mike

Question

How did "he" sound?

I almost bought tickets and then went back and watched the Live 8 footage... and became concerned about the ticket price.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Spot on, I thought it was 30 years ago while he sang "Mother", it kicked my ass and took me back in time.

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    became concerned about the ticket price.
    A great friend of mine scored 4 free tickets, so I got to sit 11th row, smack in the center, for free! It was like a gift from Heaven. After seeing it though, I would have totally paid to do it again.

Oh man! I was going to that concert until life took a curve....bummer!

Ahem......so if anyone is interested in taking a certain laserchik to Roger Waters in November.......I am available.......

Quote Originally Posted by mikkojay View Post
    Saw Roger Waters perform The Wall last night here in Omaha- man, what a production!
    The combination of music, visuals, theatrics was mind blowing. If this show passes near you, I would recommend doing whatever it takes to go!
    -Mike
    Thats great news Mike. Me and a friend have tickets for the end of November in LA. Can't wait. Many lasers??

Cheer
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by neutrino View Post
    Many lasers??
    Rich
    Nope, no lasers in this one- probably trying to maintain original form. The effects that they do with the video projectors are like nothing I have ever seen. Lasers are always great, but my guess is that they might not have matched the story line & artist's vision.
    There was some really neat pyro, dramatic use of spotlights/conventional lighting, 3d sound effects, and lots of huge/cool props.

El Paso, Texas USA and Juarez,Chihuahua Mexico

Default ticket prices

Quote Originally Posted by mikkojay View Post
    A great friend of mine scored 4 free tickets, so I got to sit 11th row, smack in the center, for free! It was like a gift from Heaven. After seeing it though, I would have totally paid to do it again.
    According to what I'm finding the seats you had if in this Dallas event would be around 1500.00.....for a foogin concert. I do want to go but the nosebleed seats around $250 with all the taxes and fees and who knows if you get the seats that you can't see anything from. $1500.00 on 640nm that I can look at for a few years sounds much better to me. Still the "Fan" in me says go go go............. Had no idea the Wall was touring till you mentioned this lol. Tell me is something eluding me sunshine?
    Wiki:The first visible wavelength laser diode was demonstrated by Nick Holonyak, Jr. in 1962.

FS: hi grade SEAL DUST

Yowch! Man, for that price, you could buy a plane ticket to go see it in a chumpy town like Omaha Sometimes good deals pop up at the last minute, so I'd keep my eye out. I didn't know I was going until the day before the show. At that price, I'd be especially wary of counterfeit tickets. One other thing, they were really strict about wanting everyone seated when the show opened, as to not disturb the vibe of the whole setting. Good luck man, I hope you get a chance to see it.
    -Mike