Thread: Extra daylight....

Default Extra daylight....

In the office...no inside lights on...diffuse sunlight through blinds...to be delivered to customer this week. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PANA0115.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	21768
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Nice! I just read the spec sheet, says here the "pump reactor" has an expected MTBF of 5 billion years
    Got any more in stock

I think Mike's point was that the RGB projector was running in a room that had some natural daylight streaming through the window, and yet the white light beam from the projector still looked very bright...

Nice work, Mike!

Adam

ha! I'm a knob!

The word picture I created in my head was someone in the office looking at a ray of sunlight through the blinds, wishing they were home playing with lasers.

Well Mike, that build is a success. It's not every day someone confuses
    Your RGB white beam for a ray of light from the sun!

Maybe I've had a bit much sun, I might need a lie down

Nice work.

Kit

Well this makes me a double knob!

At first I was sure this was a laser, then your post made me think "oh, it's a ray of sun light, how cool is that".

I did wonder how this was going to be delivered to the client, I should have twigged!
    Quote Originally Posted by kitatit View Post
    ha! I'm a knob!

The word picture I created in my head was someone in the office looking at a ray of sunlight through the blinds, wishing they were home playing with lasers.

Well Mike, that build is a success. It's not every day someone confuses
    Your RGB white beam for a ray of light from the sun!

Maybe I've had a bit much sun, I might need a lie down

Nice work.

Kit
    This space for rent.

Smile

Actually, a nap sounds like a good idea right about now. Except I think my boss might be a little pissed if he caught me sleeping at my desk. (Party pooper!)

Misunderstanding or not, I still like the 5 billion years MTBF estimate on the pump reactor. (Though in fairness, our sun is already around 5 billion years old, and has enough fuel for another 5 billion years or so... So that really should be 10 billion years MTBF.) Gotta love reliability numbers like that!

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Actually, a nap sounds like a good idea right about now. Except I think my boss might be a little pissed if he caught me sleeping at my desk. (Party pooper!)

Misunderstanding or not, I still like the 5 billion years MTBF estimate on the pump reactor. (Though in fairness, our sun is already around 5 billion years old, and has enough fuel for another 5 billion years or so... So that really should be 10 billion years MTBF.) Gotta love reliability numbers like that!

Adam
    True. However the full illumination life span is not suitable for Crystal pumping. Not if your after <1% stability.

Instead of just going "pff" and stopping, you do get the added bonus of a super nova at the end however!!!!!
    This space for rent.