Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: shows for sale look too complex?

Default shows for sale look too complex?

15 character dude
    Last edited by solidude; 04-28-2016 at 14:57.

You may be surprised what scans. I often am. I think that optimisation goes a long way towards whether the final image scans too.

What I find interesting is that if you pause the first video at 0:37 you will see Captain Jean-Luc Picard staring up at you from the crib

Keith

If you are finding your DT scanners struggling, could it be that you are trying to scan them too big?
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Solidude this graphic show most certainly flickers at parts.
    Because he's using the graphical preview screen to record the show you know it flickers when the video framerate drops (when it gets a bit choppy).

Good scanners allow you to come a long way of not having to add as many end and starting points and corner points and the 60kpps tuning also does a lot (uncommon with most retail shows).
    Hence I tune my scanners to 30kpps at all times and when they could go faster I just tune them at a bigger angle at 30kpps.

There are optimization techniques which allow optimization without sacrificing the preview screen display which change point spacing however these aren't the most efficient out there.

If for instance I would make the most efficient animation I can put out then you are required to be able to scan the ilda test pattern properly (the circkle inside) or very close to it.
    and the preview screen would be a mess.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i'm pretty confident that you're looking at preview animations, instead of filmed output. i would absolutely expect flicker and issues with some of those complex shows with your dt40's.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    i'm pretty confident that you're looking at preview animations, instead of filmed output. i would absolutely expect flicker and issues with some of those complex shows with your dt40's.
    Yep guaranteed and since this is recorded with LD2000 you can determine if the playback would flicker too by watching the video smoothness. This show flickers from mild to quite a bit from first sight and thats even on the recorders scanners. Increasing scanrate makes a video go smoother in playback but yeah.. There's a lot of creases and overlapping lines in these models. He should mess more with the optimization settings, on some places he could have turned on the remove errant lines feature to make the pointcount lower and the amount of creases less).
    The models look like they were from poser 3D. http://poser.smithmicro.com/

Sorry not trying to criticise just have become more of an obsessed perfectionist type the more and more I've made after figuring out flaws in my past production shows.
    Saving each point on a show without visual tradeoff is a huge priority for me.
    Last edited by masterpj; 02-08-2014 at 06:36.

I am not talented enough or have too little additional time to learn the skills to produce shows like these. I have lamented that the hardware is relatively easy or affordable, but aside from P. Showspace there is so little content out there that you would need to turn to purchased shows to keep the material fresh and interesting. I looked into this a year ago and the cost of a commercial show similar to these (if I remember correctly) was several hundred US dollars.

For the cost of a few of these commercial shows someone could purchase (or build) a small additional RGB projector or upgrade to the fastest scanners available and the issues of flicker could be substantially reduced. My point is that anyone willing to buy these shows would probably have the resources to project them with very fast scanners or multiple projectors.

i didn't really pay may attention to that. i don't really like shows like this. technically they're impressive, but they just don't do anything for me.

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    Yep guaranteed and since this is recorded with LD2000 you can determine if the playback would flicker too by watching the video smoothness. This show flickers from mild to quite a bit from first sight and thats even on the recorders scanners. Increasing scanrate makes a video go smoother in playback but yeah.. There's a lot of creases and overlapping lines in these models. He should mess more with the optimization settings, on some places he could have turned on the remove errant lines feature to make the pointcount lower and the amount of creases less).
    The models look like they were from poser 3D. http://poser.smithmicro.com/

Sorry not trying to criticise just have become more of an obsessed perfectionist type the more and more I've made after figuring out flaws in my past production shows.
    Saving each point on a show without visual tradeoff is a huge priority for me.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

there is no way in hell that wont flicker. that budda hat is not going to scan.

flicker is ok to some people, but i do a lot of work on my shows to minimize it.

Quote Originally Posted by solidude View Post
    Confirmed, they are meant to run at 30k.
    I guess flicker is ok.