Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: LD2000 Showtime Query

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Question LD2000 Showtime Query

I have a show that is approx. 4 seconds off between the audio and the visuals.
    In Showtime, is there a way to grab everything (frames & effects) and move them "to the right" by 4 seconds?
    Alternatively I'd like to add a blank frame at the beginning of the show but I can't see how I could do this as the show starts immediately with no "gap" to add anything.
    I could just move the first frameset to the right but that shortens it.

I'm sure this is a simple task that experienced hands will laugh at but we all have to start somewhere.

Hi Richard

You can select everything on the timeline and just drag it to the right. I don't have access to Showtime at work so I can't remember off the top of my head how to do it, but I know it can be done.

Try using 'ctrl a' to select all, otherwise i'll have a look tonight.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Thumbs up

Thanks Jem.
    No access to Showtime for me at work either (Damn! I need that QM2000 Net box!) so I'll gi' it go later.

hmmmm.... I wonder if I could install the LD Intro package on my works PC and work on shows in preview mode only or would it need to detect a QM card to even fire up .....

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    hmmmm.... I wonder if I could install the LD Intro package on my works PC and work on shows in preview mode only or would it need to detect a QM card to even fire up .....
    You'll need QM-card for the software to work, it uses the processor/memory/etc. that's on the QM.

I suspected as such and indeed checked it out on the Pangolin site.
    Bummer.

O.K., so open Showtime and load your show. You will see on the left of the screen next to the timeline there are three option buttons, show, module and err, something else. Check the top one first (damn i've forgotten which it is now), if that's too coarse adjustment try one of the others. Then click on the timeline and it should turn blue. You can now slide the whole show to the right by a few seconds to match your music, just click hold and slide with your mouse.

I tried it an hour or so ago and it appeared to work for me

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Wink

- Show
    - Module
    - Scene

I tried it and it does indeed work (although CTRL-A doesn't grab all, you need to use EDIT> Select ALL)

Much obliged Grandad.

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    Much obliged Grandad.
    You're welcome err... son

Jem

Or just grab your favourite audio-editor and remove the silence at the beginning of the audio-track

Talking

That's just it me ole mucka, there is no silence so somehow the audio I managed to get is slightly different to that which was used when the show was created.
    I can edit audio just fine but the LD2000 is a different kettle of photons.

Besides, it's fun learning about the features of the LD system
    Have you seen how much gear you get to play with !!