Thread: pangolin beyond

Thumbs up pangolin beyond

I just installed 2.1 and I have to say I really like the integration. It took all of two days to get the basics down. AND call me nutz but I imported my older shows into beyond and the images seem much crisper. The color is dead spot on even though I set the pallet in ld2000. I went back and forth between ld2000 and beyond to convince myself I'm not nuts. I'm not nutz. They did something to optimize the image.

If you are on the fence I recommend it. I converted my old shows to beyond format should anyone want them. I've been a long time hold out on ld2000.

Don't get me wrong ld2000 is still STILL after 20 years a powerhouse. This is just a little better.

Man on Moon about half done now.

I didn't notice any change in the quality of the images, but I didn't really compare 2.0 to 2.1 image quality. I did notice though, that any 2.0 show I open in 2.1 saves a copy with "pre-optimized" appended to the file name. It also saves a new copy with the original name which I assume is an optimized (for 2.1) version of the show.

I figured this "optimization" was because, as I understand, 2.1 shows are not able to be played using 2.0. I haven't tried to so I may be wrong. Could be that the optimized for 2.1 is making for better image quality.

Maybe tonight I'll compare the same show in 2.0 and 2.1 to see if I can see any difference. If I get time I'll also see if a 2.1 show works in 2.0 too.
    Eric in New Orleans

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post

Man on Moon about half done now.
    video or it didn't happen!
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

ok smart mouth here's the rough draft. HAVE AT IT. Ok well I can't figure out how to attach it. give me your email.

ok smart mouth here's the rough draft. HAVE AT IT. Ok well I can't figure out how to attach it. give me your email.
    hahah. awesome
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

incoming............

incoming............
    got it. i'll give it a go when i'm done slaving over the laser cutter.