Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuning What POT does What? Neo Laser NLD 250 LDRGB Disco Series!

Default Tuning What POT does What? Neo Laser NLD 250 LDRGB Disco Series!

Hi

Im new on the forum, i have a Neo Laser NLD 250 LDRGB Disco Series and am trying to tune the galvos. But i have no documentation and am trying to ascertain which POT does what?

Looking at the board head on it would appear that the far right pots are the XY gain but the other 4 are a bit of a mystery, has anyone got a data sheet or an idea as to which is which?

Also what is the maximum Kpps of this laser i was told 30k but on playing this does not ring true!

Many Thanks

hi and welcome to the forum
    if you post a good picture of the scan amp that will help alot
    then we will know what brand scan amp was used

the other pot are most likley hf damping and lf damping
    not somthing you play with unless you know what your doing or you will set off a high frequency self oscillation
    and kill the galvos in less than 10 seconds
    be carfull

Quote Originally Posted by grovenstien View Post
    Hi

Im new on the forum, i have a Neo Laser NLD 250 LDRGB Disco Series and am trying to tune the galvos. But i have no documentation and am trying to ascertain which POT does what?

Looking at the board head on it would appear that the far right pots are the XY gain but the other 4 are a bit of a mystery, has anyone got a data sheet or an idea as to which is which?

Also what is the maximum Kpps of this laser i was told 30k but on playing this does not ring true!

Many Thanks

Hi through a process of elimination i have worked out what does what!

Looking at the component side of the board i would say from left to right the POTs are
    X LF / X HF / Y LF / Y HF / X Gain / Y Gain

Is it common practice for the axis damping to be group together as is the case here?

Also after playing with this laser for some time i can say that it cannot possible be 35k scanning. It cant even handle 12k very well, this may be that the galvos are screwed.

I have also attached some pictures so perhaps someone can identify the board type.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2301.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	18280Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2299_2-1.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	18281Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2311.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	18282Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2306-1.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	18283

that style of galvo driver is normally associated with 12k (ish) scanners - certainly not 30k
    I would not assume they are out of tune but are being run too fast if you are basing your output on the 30k figure.
    What you can do is display the ilda tp at a known angle (8 degrees) and reduce the scan rate until it looks its best. This will give you an indication of what they are tuned to & I think it will be more likely to be nearer 10-12k than 25-30k.
    There is no point in trying to retune - especially if you are uncertain about what you are doing, as trying to tune them for a higher speed will just drive them too hard and may lead to death (of the scanners )

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Yep defiantly 10-12k the ILDA test image looks pretty bendy at 30k!!

Is it possible to upgrade these scanners to a 30K set? what sort of price? Im no stranger to danger and have realigned LCD panels in digital Projectors so i have the patients of a saint.

At 12k the strobbing on the ILDA test makes it unbearable to tune! but its not perfect and the scanners are definitely out, i have read all the info on here about retuning and understand the principal.

Thanks for your help and any further advice is greatly appreciated.

This is the second time I've said this in 24hours but let us know where on the planet you are and we can do more to assist.
    There are plenty of recomendations of scanners to be had but where you are may influence who the best set of options for you will be.
    Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

Sorry, in in the UK. Thanks again.

cool
    well I do sell 30 and 40k scanners - available from stock for next day delivery in UK.
    (other laser scanning solutions are available)

Rob

ps if you are in the Uk why not try and come along to one of the LEMS - next one is in October. You will have a great old time - overloaded with laser beams and your wallet will never be the same again as you will just have this desire to spend spend spend
    hope you can make it

Rob

Sounds good i will have to come along. Where and when, my wallet gets a bashing most of the time!

The control board in this laser is a Pangolin FB3 so would a 30k scanner be relatively simple to install (besides fitting and tuning), i presume this type of board has a limit to the type of scanner it can control?