Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 projectors and Quickshow

Default 2 projectors and Quickshow

Hi all,

So I've just finished off two flank projectors whilst waiting to build my center RGB. Currently each has its own FB3. In Quickshow how do I make both FB3s do the same thing? Also is there an easy way to get all the graphics on one projector (pointing at back drop) and the atmospherics on the other projector (do in air beams)? or do I have to go through each cue individually?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
    Rich

Lightbulb

How many FB3s you got total? If only two, I would wire the side projectors to one FB3 and flip one of the x axis, then run the RGB off its own FB3.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

What ^ said.
    I also have a pair of projectors, that i run off of 1 FB3. (homemade Y splitter), inverted X axix on 1,
    100 ft on each projector run, no problems so far...
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

So that is my plan when I get the RGB finished. In the mean time what I am planning on doing is using one for beam effects on one FB3 and one for graphics (on backdrop) with the other.

Do I have to go through all cues and tell them which zone to output on? or is there a way to do a whole selection of cues?

Cheers
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by carlos3621 View Post
    What ^ said.
    I also have a pair of projectors, that i run off of 1 FB3. (homemade Y splitter), inverted X axix on 1,
    100 ft on each projector run, no problems so far...

Hey Carlos, I made my own db25 splitter cable too, used ide ribbon and a crimper, how do you invert the X axis?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba_Zanetti View Post
    Hey Carlos, I made my own db25 splitter cable too, used ide ribbon and a crimper, how do you invert the X axis?

its as simple as, Inverting the polarity on the signal input , to the galvo amp. (on 1 of your projectors)

Mine was even easier, my scanner amp has a pin switch/block that you can just move to a different setting, to invert.
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

Lightbulb

How to make a splitter with one x flipped output.

1. Crimp a male and female db25 on a 25 conductor ribbon cable, in such a way that you have to loop not twist the ribbon if you 'mate' the male and female part.
    2. Gently make a cut between conductor 2 and 3 (counting from left with the male pins of the db 25 facing towards you, widest part of the D-shape up.)
    3. Swap conductor 1 and 2.
    4. crimp a second female db 25, including the swapped pair.
    5. Presto.

Quote Originally Posted by -bart- View Post

1. Crimp a male and female db25 on a 25 conductor ribbon cable, in such a way that you have to loop not twist the ribbon if you 'mate' the male and female part.
    2. Gently make a cut between conductor 2 and 3 (counting from left with the male pins of the db 25 facing towards you, widest part of the D-shape up.)
    5. Presto.
    Several of us here are installing X-invert switches in our projectors.
    In addition to setting up opposing pairs of projectors without any special cable requirements, it makes it easy to switch between beam shows (shooting towards you) and graphics shows (shooting away from you), on the fly, without requiring any axis changes in the software.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

5. Presto.

Perfect Bart, will order some db25 connectors and let you know how I get on.

Cheers

5. Presto.

That worked out perfectly Bart, simple to do too, thanks for your advice!!

Also found it quite hard to find a supplier for the db25 connectors,
    this is where I got them: http://www.rapidonline.com/

Does anyone know any other suppliers in the UK?