http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41494011/ns/travel-news/

Another pointer retard CAUGHT red-handed
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

I was flying out of Dallas (as a passenger) a week ago and was looking out the window at around 10000ft and spotted a 532nm laser shining at us. It was pretty hard to miss the super bright green spot. It was around noon so it was very bright outside but even still the laser light was really bright and noticeable. It was bright enough that I was seeing spots for a bit but it was far from being bright enough to cause damage. If we were at 1000ft and it was at night I bet it would have really screwed with night vision. I am in favor a 100% ban of laser pointers > 1mw.

At 10,000 ft the beam would have been > 200" in diameter.
    This space for rent.

Sounds about right. The green spot was relatively large from my view.

In a few days I am planning on going to the trial of a man charged with some of this pointer nonsense. Should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Laser View Post
    In a few days I am planning on going to the trial of a man charged with some of this pointer nonsense. Should be interesting.
    Kip Kay is going to court?
    This space for rent.

Har har...

No, a man who shot a high powered laser at a medivac helicopter I believe and is charged with owning an illegal laser pointer. That is the part which interests me.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    I was flying out of Dallas (as a passenger) a week ago and was looking out the window at around 10000ft and spotted a 532nm laser shining at us. It was pretty hard to miss the super bright green spot. It was around noon so it was very bright outside but even still the laser light was really bright and noticeable. It was bright enough that I was seeing spots for a bit but it was far from being bright enough to cause damage. If we were at 1000ft and it was at night I bet it would have really screwed with night vision. I am in favor a 100% ban of laser pointers > 1mw.

I like lasers but indeed pointers often get missused.
    I think obtaining a laser pointer (not module) should be made harder.
    There is not a real way of stoppen this sadly.
    Also I think they should increase the punishment and charges for missuse of a laser pointer.
    People who get caught of missuse with a laser pointer get a ban on the use and purchase of all laser pointers.

We should not start about licenses because if you do that then im not surprised a group will go and start saying: ok so laser pointers need licenses, then Laser projectors should to.
    So we should avoid saying that.

Personally I like laser projectors and laser graphics but..... pointers... well Because of all the missuse of them I don't really like them that much anymore.

It is so much easier to blame the tool than it is to blame the operator.

It is much easier to prosecute a thing

I am not a fan of slippery-slope type arguments. However, be very mindful of the concept of "precedence" in law.

Peace,
    dave

Quote Originally Posted by daguin View Post
    It is so much easier to blame the tool than it is to blame the operator.

It is much easier to prosecute a thing

I am not a fan of slippery-slope type arguments. However, be very mindful of the concept of "precedence" in law.

Peace,
    dave
    Sadly It is yeah.
    Im actually against any banning... but some people and retards, (like the kid on the link of carlos) should have that pointer shoved up his ass.
    Sadly things arent that easy