Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Eyemagix - Magic Box

Default Eyemagix - Magic Box

http://www.eyemagic.gr/laser-magic-box.html

can this be true? recreate ilda files from sampling the analog signal?

any experiences ?

details:

MagicBox

The MagicBox is a unique product. Its capabilities are not limited in just playing back ILDA frames programmed to the CF card. It can record whole laser shows as analog signals directly from your computer output card and play them back using switches or DMX control. Moreover, it can re-generate ILDA frames out of the recorded data, so you can use them into your favourite software.

•Capture whole shows directly from your computer output card
    •Re-generate ILDA frames from sampled data
    •Program ILDA animations using a standard CF reader-writer
    •Control program changes, size and position of animations using DMX

Specifications
    • Analog In/Out : +/-5V position at 12bit, 0-5V intensity at 8bit
    • Compact Flash cards up to 8Gigabytes are supported
    • Automatic or manual regeneration of ILDA frames using PC software (included)
    • On board power supply needs only a small 9-12V transformer

Michel
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Michel Rietveld @ Utrecht The Netherlands

FB3, BEYOND Ultimate, 3xFB4, apc 40

1x5W RGB 637nm 1.3W, Edison Blue 2.5W 445nm and CNI 2.5W 532nm Greenie with Pico driver with DT40Kpro scanner set

2x3W RGB DT30 scanner set

This product has been out for a really long time. Tom came out with this around the same time we released our FB2 (yes, that's 2 not 3). With the exception of the "capture" (which I have actually never seen work) our old FB2 and LiveQUICK (QuickShow predecessor) did the same job.

Quote Originally Posted by michelrietveld View Post
    any experiences ?
    I saw it running at HB's place probably 10 years ago or something like that. I can't remember. Aside from HB, I don't know of anyone who has one... In fact, I've been over to HB's place dozens of times since then and haven't seen it.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    This product has been out for a really long time. Tom came out with this around the same time we released our FB2 (yes, that's 2 not 3). With the exception of the "capture" (which I have actually never seen work) our old FB2 and LiveQUICK (QuickShow predecessor) did the same job.

I saw it running at HB's place probably 10 years ago or something like that. I can't remember. Aside from HB, I don't know of anyone who has one... In fact, I've been over to HB's place dozens of times since then and haven't seen it.

Bill
    so, Bill, what exactly was the added value of this post, except flaming indirectly a product that you admit to have never seen performing its stated primary function which is "capturing"?

and who on earth is HB, whose house contents are a measure of what is good laser technology and what is not?
    "its called character briggs..."

and who on earth is HB, whose house contents are a measure of what is good laser technology and what is not?
    I'm guessing http://www.hb-laser.com/
    RTI Piko RGB 4 Projector
    CT6215 Scanners & CT 671 Amps; CT6210 & Medialas Microamps.
    RGBLaser Systems 6000mW RGB Module - 638nm/445nm/532
    LD2000 Pro + QM2000.net + Beyond
    Etherdream + LSX

Old Projector Build

I suggest Bill takes a vacation in Greece and resolves his issues with EyeMagic whilst being there.
    All those remarks under the belt do not make a good impression.
    Last edited by jeejeedr; 05-16-2014 at 03:48.
    Trying to create a good diode mount....

I think Bill will have no problems doing that when Tom resolves his issues with supplying inaccurate data and outlandish claims in his adverts.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Why is everyone flaming Bill? There is nothing wrong with his answer, and he is an active member/contributer to this forum. Jeesh.

Quote Originally Posted by LaNeK779 View Post
    so, Bill, what exactly was the added value of this post
    Michel had just stumbled onto this product. He was surprised by it, and this fact, coupled with the fact that it has not been discussed widely here on PL, Michel believed it was a new product that nobody knew about and thus, his post would help people.

The point of my post was to let him know that in fact it is a very old product. This is an important point because, if it is an old product (advertised on their web site for years -- just check out the Internet Archive) and yet, nobody has it or has discussed it, this should tell you something about the product's utility, versatility, value, etc.

"HB" is HB Laser Components located in Germany. They are a very prominent and longstanding supplier of laser technology in Germany and the main principal of HB (Harald Bollinger) actually worked at LOBO for a number of years before starting HB. If you don't know of LOBO, they produce the highest price (and I am sure they would say highest quality) laser equipment in the world, and have also won more ILDA artistic awards than any other.

HB is a long-time customer of EMS and they have had a relationship with EMS for a very long time -- perhaps longer than any of their other customers.

The point in mentioning HB is -- if a product is really great, HB would be using it all the time and showing it at every tradeshow, etc. So if your best and longest term customer is not using one of your products, that too should give an indication of a product's utility, quality, etc...

, except flaming
    I didn't flame anything. I didn't say "the product is crap" or any such thing. I only brought up a few facts that should help in understanding some big-picture implications.

Quote Originally Posted by jeejeedr View Post
    All those remarks under the belt do not make a good impression.
    I appreciate your remarks JeeJeedr -- I really do, and will calibrate my future comments accordingly. However, I don't believe that making statements of fact is equivalent to under-the-belt remarks.

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    I think Bill will have no problems doing that when Tom resolves his issues with supplying inaccurate data and outlandish claims in his adverts.
    Correct! There are things that EMS does for which I believe they deserve to be called out in public. One example can still be found on their web site which advertises that their scanners can move a 5mm beam through a 60 degree angle at 60K which is a flat out lie -- the least of which is because their stated mirror size (6.8mm by 12mm) can't even reflect a 5mm beam at the nominal zero-deflected angle, let alone any greater angle. When EMS makes public statements that are untrue, I believe they deserve to be called out on it.

However, in the case of this Magic Box, I believe the product probably does what it is advertised to do, even though I've not seen the capture function, nor have I ever heard of HB using it. However, capture would indeed be useful and of course people have used (and continue to use) ADATs along with Pangolin's modification to record and playback laser shows.

Still and yet, with capture being such a useful function and yet with the fact that nobody here on PL even knew about this Magic Box, let alone used it, and the fact that this product has been on the market for many years, well again all of this should be very strong statements of the utility, etc.

Bill
    Last edited by Pangolin; 05-18-2014 at 01:53.

Thanks for the update on HB, I wouldn't have figured it out.

if it is an old product (advertised on their web site for years -- just check out the Internet Archive) and yet, nobody has it or has discussed it, this should tell you something about the product's utility, versatility, value, etc.
    if a product is really great, HB would be using it all the time and showing it at every tradeshow, etc.
    if your best and longest term customer is not using one of your products, that too should give an indication of a product's utility, quality, etc...
    Here we have three statements beginning with "if". To me what starts with an "if" is an assumption, not a fact. And as is widely known, assumption is the mother of all cock-ups.

When EMS makes public statements that are untrue, I believe they deserve to be called out on it.
    However, in the case of this Magic Box, I believe the product probably does what it is advertised to do, even though I've not seen the capture function
    So, again, what is the point of this post? You state your assumptions, you then call them facts, then you call EMS out on an unrellated product (to this thread) and then you admit that this particular product probably does what it says it does...

Confusing or Confused?
    "its called character briggs..."

Quote Originally Posted by michelrietveld View Post
    any experiences ?
    I guess the answer is...no.

Never seen a thread go OT on the second post before.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    ― Benjamin Franklin; stairwell plaque in the Statue of Liberty

"And so shines a good deed in a weary world." - Willy Wonka

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting SCAMMED On The Internet CLICK