Thread: File types for FB3

Default File types for FB3

Hi,

I JUST got my FB3 running and it's very, very cool! I've been going through the cues and playing around with it and I've also looked through the ftp site.

This may be very basic but can someone tell me what file extensions I can play in Quickshow with the FB3? I'll be able to spent a ton of time going through all the functions I already have available but it'd be nice to play some of the stuff I've seen over the past few months searching through youtube and google video while I've been building this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	formats.GIF 
Views:	41 
Size:	3.9 KB 
ID:	20111
    I guess you mean all filetypes that can be loaded into a cue ?

Thanks bart,

Forgive my ignorance but I don't even now if I mean cue, timeline, or what. I only have about 15 minutes on the scanner so I'm WAY behind the curve.

Basically, I've seen a lot of .ild files that I think might be playable but I don't know what I can or can't import. For instance, the shows done for LD2000 I'd think probably won't work but I guess I'll just have to play around.

.ild will work.

However exported cues saved as .ild from QS and brought back may have unexpected deficiencies as QS doesn't fully support .ild and so doesn't export all of the information back out to .ild. I'm told by Bill that its because .ild can't record all of the information kept in the new QS formats.

I've only found a couple of ILD files that wouldn't import into QS.

Keep in mind that you probably want to make several workspaces to keep load times down.

I have downloaded the shows from the pangolinshows website, and imported the files into QS and set them into timelines. This makes for huge workspaces. so I keep them in a seperate workspace from my live cue's.

Ok, I've gotten a few .ild files to load and that worked nicely. I have tried to load a few .lds files though and a little Animation Import box opens that shows ranges of frames. I can't get it to do anything though.

While I'm at it, I've done a bunch of searches and come across lastudio and showrider mentioned quite a bit. Did quickshow basically replace those or are they add-ons? I saw on the Pangolin site where they're available as a free download but I'm not sure if they'd be applicable for me using the fb3 and quickshow.

The versions of LAstudio and Showrider on the website won't work if you have updated to QS2.

I figured out how to get the lds files to load so that's cool. I haven't updated to QS2 yet but I would like to soon. I read the quick timeline was getting a nice updating which would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    Ok, I've gotten a few .ild files to load and that worked nicely. I have tried to load a few .lds files though and a little Animation Import box opens that shows ranges of frames. I can't get it to do anything though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    I figured out how to get the lds files to load so that's cool. I haven't updated to QS2 yet but I would like to soon. I read the quick timeline was getting a nice updating which would be nice.
    How did you get the LDS files to load in QS, whenever I load them into a que I just get flashing images like you described. BTW I'm using QS 2.0 beta.

Thanks - Austin

Quote Originally Posted by MisterWilling View Post
    How did you get the LDS files to load in QS, whenever I load them into a que I just get flashing images like you described. BTW I'm using QS 2.0 beta.

Thanks - Austin
    This probably isn't the most efficient way to skin this cat but it's what I stumbled across, and it works.

I right click in a cue and choose Create->New Frame/Animation...
    In the Frame/Animation editor, click File->Open then browse to your lds file
    Now, when you click Ok in the Frame/Animation editor, it'll load into the cue you right clicked on.

I've been opening the Quick Timeline and dropping the cue in there and you can also load any music with it. The thing is though, to get the cue to run as long as the music, or to the end of the cue, I've been dragging the cue all the way to the right and it kinda stuffs it further down the timeline. That takes some time but it's worked.

One thing that I don't understand yet is the music and saving the timelines. I've drug a few back up to another cue and when I come back to it later and drag it and drop it on the QuickTimeline tab, the cue plays but the music doesn't. One or two have done that with the music not playing but a few others worked fine so who knows?

I'm still playing around with the software to get familiar with it but this is what I've come across and I hope it helps.