Thread: 15W 8channel NEOS PCAOM Crystal

Default 15W 8channel NEOS PCAOM Crystal

Hello Guys,

I'm looking to buy a PCAOM crystal with mount preferably.
    Polorization I'm looking for is vertically polorized however I believe rotating would get rid of the issue of there is no vertical polorized available..

Preferably Looking for one that can handle up to 15watt (or higher?)

I have an PCAOM controller which is tuned and all but I don't know if it's 4 or 8channel (inside it has 8 numbered pots so I assume 4 channels because of course and fine adjustements)
    *preferably I am looking for an crystal that can handle 8channels*
    *I wont turn it on without a crystal plugged in*
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6551.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	2.30 MB 
ID:	45146 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pcaom.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	45148

My budget is ~150$ to 200$ max.
    I also offer trades (shows?) if it's something I can provide.
    Last edited by masterpj; 10-22-2014 at 12:08.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    ...Looking for one that can handle up to 15watt (or higher?)
    PM sent..

...I don't know if it's 4 or 8channel..
    ..If the 'core driver' looks something like this inside: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...3&d=1333918690 ..it's an 8 Ch.. That is an 8-Ch. Driver Box..

EDIT: I now-see the other pic u uploaded.. That is a rarer 'slim-depth' Driver box, with an 8-Channel 'driver core'.. That's the 'fixed-frequency' driver, where the crystals are 'hard-set', vs the 'tunable' one, like that link I posted.. The one you have is certainly appropriate, tho.....

..You'll also want a 'breakout box' to reconcile the 'disparity' tween the ILDA / QM2K color-lines, and the NEOS DB25-in color-assigns.. Here's the 'lookup table'.. http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...8&d=1368676419 ..and here's an example of a 'Color-breakouts box'..

Name:	NEOS_Breakout.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	220.4 KB 
ID:	45149 ..you could either run a DB25 ILDA, from an 'ILDA Out' after yer Scan-box, -or- Make-up a custom 'Color-line / XY-splitter Y-cable', straight-off yer QM / FB3, whatever.. Or, sure, use a 'DZ / Stanwax DB-25 breakout board', but who wants to deal with all that spaghetti?

j

PPS - ..Now that you can.. Don't forget to join the 'PL IOC' http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...php?groupid=16 ..you'll fit right in with that Big Gun 171! ..and, Wow! Carn't believe there's 43 Members, that's great! Last time I looked, (..which, I guess was a while-back, now.. there were only a handful of peeps.. Well, as I always say...

Name:	Ion_WL_lines.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	45153
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 10-22-2014 at 12:52. Reason: editz..
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    PM sent..

..If the 'core driver' looks something like this inside: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...3&d=1333918690 ..it's an 8 Ch.. That is an 8-Ch. Driver Box.. But, confirm the 'core', and lettuce know..

j
    Recieved PM

It looks nothing like that though no markings other then numbering so far and 9 buttons at the front. Assuming for 8 channels and one for the inverting of blanking.

Name:	IMG_6609.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	45150Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6610.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	45151Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6616.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	45152

..Assuming for 8 channels and one for the inverting of blanking.
    ..Sorry, our 'post-sync' is off a bit.. See Edits above.. And yes - those 'buttons' are for sending an 'internal full-signal' to each channel for alignment / testing.. The last one "blanking" is for selecting internal / external blanking, when driving with TTL-inputs (..which, obviously, you won't-be, so.. no worries..

Gotta jet, ttyl..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Don't need the breakout box
    The thing came with a special cable to wire the unit to the projector and to the scanners.
    I only had to get an extra d-sub15 cable to extend the wires to the scanners as one was missing, wasn't very hard to buy.

Name:	IMG_6617.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	2.03 MB 
ID:	45154

I didn't fire up the PCAOM without a crystal as it would kill it but yeah I used that splitter cable to send the signals to the amps from my QM2000.

Joined the group as well
    Last edited by masterpj; 10-22-2014 at 13:31. Reason: added pic of cable, quickly hooked up for demonstration