Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 42484950515253 LastLast

Thread: New EYEMAGIC Scanners EMS7000

I think that they prefer work with their longtime customers, they don't try to sell more as the have enough customers regarding their production capacities.

Moreover, they seem to keep the data for them in order to not be criticized/copied by Pangolin or by other competitors in each advertising attempt.

Of course, no announcement about the specs for potential customers is somewhat against productive...
    If this is true then god help them. Rather than a diamond in the rough they could be an excellent example of why the Greek economy is in the toilet!

Quote Originally Posted by MIIKKKLLLL View Post
    Moreover, they seem to keep the data for them in order to not be criticized/copied by Pangolin or by other competitors in each advertising attempt.
    Whereas there may have been a past difference of opinion on a forum with one company when direct comparisons of products were made, I doubt anyone at any company has the inclination, time or effort to waste trolling other manufacturers web sites for specs simply to call them out.

Equally, I also doubt anyone can copy a design based on on-line specs and I'd certainly question if the leading companies would need to. Any copying would be more likely to happen in the far east from reverse engineering of actual purchased products rather than from reading they were eg 64K at 20 degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by MIIKKKLLLL View Post
    order to not be criticized
    Welcome to the world of competition. If products cannot be scrutinized/tested, there is no way to know if the product is any good. Movies critics exist, as do music critics, art critics, automotive critics, food critics and about a million others. This is how people know if a product is worth trying, especially one that runs $1000 to $1500.

copied by Pangolin or by other competitors in each advertising attempt.
    I don't believe Pangolin is in the business of copying designs given the fact that they spend quite a bit of time and energy to fight pirate copies of software/hardware, worldwide. As Allan has already pointed out, I think any designs that would be copied are going to come from the far east.

Besides, if Eye Magic is giving spec sheets to customers, why not give it to everyone? The information will get out anyway unless customers are signing NDA. I highly doubt that is the case but if it were.... the sale would be off, for me.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

You didn't understand what I tried to explain : instead of advertising a product here or anywhere else and having people saying bad things about their brand (we saw the showdown between E-M and Pango many times in this thread), they prefer to keep the news for their well known clients only.

And... as this is a small company, these few clients give maybe enough work for them.

This reminds me a guy who works near where I live, one day I asked him if he was promoting the products he does, and he simply replied me : "Not needed, I have already too much work! If I do some advertising, that would complicate my schedule, my organization I would need to enlarge my company."

--- www.neodym.be ---

Hi guys
    You can see the basic specs for the EMS scanners on their site.
    The EMS7000 scanner data is found by going to downloads on their site then bottom right hand corner.
    There does not seem to be any data on the new EMS8000 scanner. I presume this is just a progression of the 7000.
    I get the impression that they are a busy small company so maybe are time limited to produce data sheets.

I know when I got my cambridge unit it came with amazing tech data including full schematics. However that is very much part of what we pay for at that top endlevel.

As I mentioned they don't supply any tech manuals with their scanners to end users, at least in my case.
    However their fast support is highly appreciated by me.

I am sure Bill doesn't need to copy any existing scanner.
    I am really looking forward to the day when Bill / Pangolin releases the complete scanner system " in a box".

Anyway as I previously stated I am very happy with these scanners so far. They perform very well at a practical level and they don't seem to get stressed or run hot even after full shows. They are way above DT40 standards ( i have these as well) they may not be up to cambridge 6200 standards but then way cheaper. I see them as sitting between the two. In my case good performance for reasonable money.

It may well be that Bills new scanner will attack this market segment as well.

Anyway at this point I am happy with all my scanners using " horses for courses" logic.

Cheers

Ray
    NZ

jesus Christ do I get a t-shirt or something for having read the entire thread from start to finish! Learned a lot but holy shit.

So... without suuuumerizing Proust can you give an opinion? With the lack of documentation and the the appearance of new models without notification, would you get one of these 8000 series EMS scanners or would you wait (personally, I mean) for P. to get around to a complete system? There have been no progress reports as far as I know on the P system for a very long time.

Default 6215

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    So... without suuuumerizing Proust can you give an opinion? With the lack of documentation and the the appearance of new models without notification, would you get one of these 8000 series EMS scanners or would you wait (personally, I mean) for P. to get around to a complete system? There have been no progress reports as far as I know on the P system for a very long time.
    I'd go with 6215's. In fact I did go with 6215. I was looking for a report on the color system which nobody has reported on. I have one new in a box but never used. With all diode prob makes no difference.

Summary is go with the known if you can afford it. If not next best is based on the dollar. I think from all I read eye magics are prob 45k which is fine for most applications. The new pang scanners are not available to comment on. I playback 30 k stuff on my scanners so I really don't benefit from the higher speed other than crispy corners.

I'm prob going dt40 for my all diode build just for price and it is a second projector. I had 1040 ems way back. Didn't like them much and sold them. I'm sure they have gotten better. Now I think of it 6800h are prob what I'll do for the all diode build. They are pretty cheap anymore and are a standard.

Default EMS 7000 MkII and a point-heavy un-optimized abstract show

This weekend at the UKLEM Jem let me have a play with his projector along with LSX. This show is a work in progress until I build my projector and so I enjoy trying out various scanners and projectors to see how it scans with no optimization as I've not got to that bit in the manual (or maybe accidently skipped it).

So far I've tried CT6210s (needed tuning I think), Raytrack 35+, Dkumpula tried it on his PT30s I believe and the EMS 7000 MkII has scanned it the best.

Here's the show if you haven't seen it projected yet or are interested in the EMS7000s. I'd like to see what optimization and blanking setup would do with these babies!

not bad but I still want bill's. why? cuz! You need a spatial filter on those diodes real bad. nasty halo.