Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: laserworld Purelight RGB

Default laserworld Purelight RGB

(yes i know i took a huge risk in buying this unit from Laserworld, well according to alot of the reviews on here)

but i thought i would share my experience, one which was actually rather pleasant....

so i had been uming and aring so to whether to buy one of there top line laserworld products, i mean i liked the idea of the sealed housing, swiss made red/blue diodes and just the overall professional look about the unit...so i figured why not eh!...i figure some poeple out there must have had good dealings...

anyhow, i took a even further risk cause i was getting it shipped back to australia so would be a bit of an annoyance if i had to take it back right away cause of low power ect...

but i got it home, tuned it on for 10-15 and connected up LD and away it went!...not bad not bad at all...i have yet to test the powers for each module but i recon it would be putting out a easy 1watt+....its rated 1.1-1.6w but i mean ya do loose some power by the time it hits the window...ill be getting a laser power meter from a friend in oz to chec the powers out but all in all im actually pretty impressed hey...i mean yes i could have built something for alot less but i needed something pre fab and ready to hire out...

ill put some pics up shorly and let ya know how i go with the power testing..

btw, im not PRO laserworld..im mearly sharing an epxerience that i thought some of you friendly folk may be interested in hearing...also, i dont have any affiliation with nor sell any laserworld products...

have a good weekend poeples!

Only thing that can be worrying is that in the past, it appears that the lasers used in some projectors may have been overdriven which can affect their life spans.

Also, for the price of a Purelight, you could buy Kvant! (Not looked at LW prices recently so not sure if this still holds true or not).

Anyway, good luck with it. I hope you got a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    Only thing that can be worrying is that in the past, it appears that the lasers used in some projectors may have been overdriven which can affect their life spans.

Also, for the price of a Purelight, you could buy Kvant! (Not looked at LW prices recently so not sure if this still holds true or not).

Anyway, good luck with it. I hope you got a good one.
    yea hopefully the swisslas and CNi diodes are not driven to hard..tbh i dont think this is the case all that greatly...i think majorty of issues stem from laserworlds cheaper stuff such as the revolution, club and eco series..which is a bucklet load price difference to the purelight...

yea the equivelant Kvant unit was around 40% dearer...i got a pretty sweet deal with LW as i bought during a sale and got free software which i hocked off on ebay...

but yeah fingers crossed it all stays good..

the Kvant did look sweet...i was tossing up between the Kvant, Medialas Attaxx and the purelight...and well if they were all priced the same i would have gone with the Kvant but there was a sizable price diff so had to go with LW...will prob get some better mirrors/dichros and maybe a pair of 6210's and see how that goes...

Quote Originally Posted by euphoric View Post
    ...will prob get some better mirrors/dichros and maybe a pair of 6210's and see how that goes...

And then you'll probably end up spending the same as you would have on a Kvant

I do hope your LW works out for you...
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

When you say 'hire out' do mean dry hire or hire out with an operator?
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

yea the equivelant Kvant unit was around 40% dearer...i got a pretty sweet deal with LW as i bought during a sale and got free software which i hocked off on ebay...

I don't know when you last looked but Kvant's have become a bucket load cheaper now that 445 has become cheap.

Laserworld Purelight 1.9 W is around £7K on ebay.

Kvant 2W RGB is now around £4K with LM scanners. What a difference a year makes!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    When you say 'hire out' do mean dry hire or hire out with an operator?
    Both dry hire and operation..

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    I don't know when you last looked but Kvant's have become a bucket load cheaper now that 445 has become cheap.

Laserworld Purelight 1.9 W is around £7K on ebay.

Kvant 2W RGB is now around £4K with LM scanners. What a difference a year makes!
    Yeah that figure you quote of 7000 pounds may be accurate from eBay listings however, I paid less than half that

I paid less than half that
    So given laserworld's standard "power specs" you pretty much got what you paid for. nice

Quote Originally Posted by araugh View Post
    So given laserworld's standard "power specs" you pretty much got what you paid for. nice
    Yeah if I were going to pay up near the 5 figure mark in Aussie dollar terms I would have broaden my horizons or got one of the guys here to manufacture something.