Thread: Spaghetti download (demo) and Windows Virtual PC

Question Spaghetti download (demo) and Windows Virtual PC

Hi All

I'm trying to get the Spaghetti download version to work on a Windows Virtual PC in ether XP or Win 7 32bit and all I get is this:

XP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XPspag.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	306.9 KB 
ID:	42381

Win 7

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Win7spag.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	366.3 KB 
ID:	42382

I've installed .NET 3.5 on both (and ver 4 on Win7) and DirectX is ver 9.0c on XP and 11 on Win7. It works ok on Win7 64bit (but my Ishow DAC doesn't of course).

Anyone got it to work Virtually? if so how please?
    Cheers

Colin.

Anyone wanting to be a politician, should automatically be excluded from being one!

From what I understand Virtual PC doesn't support DirectX video which is required.

Thanks JohnYayas.

From one of your earlier posts (2008), you said you had it running in a VM environment on your development machine. Do you recall which VM system you were using?
    Cheers

Colin.

Anyone wanting to be a politician, should automatically be excluded from being one!

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMax View Post
    Thanks JohnYayas.

From one of your earlier posts (2008), you said you had it running in a VM environment on your development machine. Do you recall which VM system you were using?
    Not sure and it could have been before I started using DirectX for the visualizations. Give VMWare a try, though.

Right. I installed VM Workstation 10 (trial version) and created a Windows 7 32bit VM. Installed DX11 and Spaghetti runs but does not detect the Ishow DAC. I know the DAC is working in the VM because the Ishow software detects it and works with it. so the next question is, what limitations are in the demo version of Spaghetti?
    Cheers

Colin.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMax View Post
    Right. I installed VM Workstation 10 (trial version) and created a Windows 7 32bit VM. Installed DX11 and Spaghetti runs but does not detect the Ishow DAC. I know the DAC is working in the VM because the Ishow software detects it and works with it. so the next question is, what limitations are in the demo version of Spaghetti?
    The demo version does not attempt to detect any hardware and it does not allow saving files. Otherwise it is fully functional. I would think that if the iShow software actually works with the hardware in that environment and if the Spaghetti preview window is working then it would probably work with the iShow DAC if you had non-demo version.

Thanks for the reply, I suspected as much. I look forward to seeing how Spaghetti progresses.
    Cheers

Colin.

Quote Originally Posted by magus View Post
    I can't even get the demo of Spaghetti to run on a 64 bit Windows 7, with latest .NET framework and DX installed.
    That error is usually due to not having Windows Media Player installed.

Quote Originally Posted by magus View Post
    Hi JohnYayas. Where can I find on the site the list of dependencies?
    By the way, I tried finding an installer for Windows Media Player but I cant find any which works on Windows 7 and also 64 bit. I'm suprised it got deleted as it comes with Windows by default. Do you know where I can get it?
    The only real dependency is Windows Media Player since the installer should install the rest or at least complain about it. I incorrectly assumed Windows Media Player would be on all systems and never got around for adding a decent error message for it. I am not sure how to install it if it is missing but try going to Control Panel->Program and Features and then click "Turn Windows features on or off" on the left hand side and it might be there. If not, I am sure a little googling will give you the answer. If you still have problems feel free to contact me directly at support@hingednewt.com to make sure I see your questions.