Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Haze machines.

Default Haze machines.

Does anybody know anything about cleaning haze machines?

I have a Vision Light Enhancer hazer which is fairly old (and noisy), but does produce a lovely fine "real" oil haze. Unfortunately it doesn't produce very much haze (compared to the amount of noise) and I have been told it may need cleaning.

I'll be honest, I don't know exactly how these compressor style machines work, so I'm not sure which bits may, or can be cleaned, or if it has other issues causing the low output.

Does anybody have any clues, I've drawn a bit of a blank on not only this machine, but all hazers!

If this is in the wrong forum, or deemed irrelevant, please delete, I won't cry!

I have repaired our LE200 hazer and there's not much to it really. They are noisy and should produce a gurgling sound on the oil tank. I asume you are running it with the lid off and aren't relying on the rubber bung to pop out? If you can get to uklem I'll bring a replacement pipe if you want and we'll see if it makes a difference. I think we have a spare one for ours somewhere.

-Matt.

I'm not sure about that particular model but with the DF-50 the manufacturer suggests running distilled water through it for a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by mliptack View Post
    I'm not sure about that particular model but with the DF-50 the manufacturer suggests running distilled water through it for a few hours.

the LE200 is oil based, you do NOT want to put water through it, unless you are going to completely clean it out, let it dry, and then put it back together and run it again. If you run water through it, the water and mineral oil will emulsify, and you'll wind up with a mayonnaise-like sludge.
    "TO DO IS TO BE" - Nietzsche
    "TO BE IS TO DO" - Kant
    "DO BE DO BE DO" - Sinatra

Haha yeah I was thinking the same thing, however, the DF-50 is also oil based and that is the manufacturers recommendations.

lol and it works... we've done it for years.

huh, never knew the df-50 was oil based, I thought it was a water/glycol machine.
    but hey, if it works, right?
    that's odd though, 'cause I tried to clean out an old mdg with distilled water, and that's when I got the sludge result, but perhaps it was a different beast entirely (this was back at q-zar in '98, so I didn't exactly know what I was doing).

now that I think about it, the DF-50 uses a tiny amount of fluid, so there probably isn't enough to really do anything.
    I've not checked their cleaning instructions, but what do you do, just empty the tank, put some distilled water in and let it run awhile, or is it more involved?
    Last edited by Mr.Coffee; 01-12-2008 at 21:41.
    "TO BE IS TO DO" - Kant

clandestiny is offline Eleventy-Billion Watt Ar/Kr >:)
    somewhere between orlando and san antonio

to be fair, the le200 is a bit more of a meatier cracker type machine-
    where-as, the df-50 uses much less fluid/oil- so a water cleansing may be fine-

nothing pisses me of more than unfounded arrogance in a decent communal forum such as this-

LOL..., not really-

go on the road for a while, gain some experience- then mouth off--
    go big or go home

Quote Originally Posted by clandestiny View Post
    nothing pisses me of more than unfounded arrogance in a decent communal forum such as this-

LOL..., not really-

go on the road for a while, gain some experience- then mouth off--
    I must have missed that part of the thread.
    "TO BE IS TO DO" - Kant

clandestiny is offline Eleventy-Billion Watt Ar/Kr >:)
    somewhere between orlando and san antonio

Sorry guys, I was a bit harsh, my wires got crossed while I was reading another thread-

However, my point is your both correct about your respective machines-
    I just thought It would have been foolish to start an argument over a haze machine-
    go big or go home

Quote Originally Posted by Lampy View Post
    I have repaired our LE200 hazer and there's not much to it really. They are noisy and should produce a gurgling sound on the oil tank. I asume you are running it with the lid off and aren't relying on the rubber bung to pop out? If you can get to uklem I'll bring a replacement pipe if you want and we'll see if it makes a difference. I think we have a spare one for ours somewhere.

-Matt.
    Hiya,

You know, I never even realised that mine was an LE200 model until you said so!

It is definitely noisy, makes a gurgle and haze (I am running it with the lid open!)

Haze is produced, but not a great deal.

Unfortunately I will not be able to make it to UKlem this time (gutted! ) but thanks for the offer to help fault find.

Can I ask which pipe you're talking about? I really haven't delved deep in to the workings of this monster. Is this where the compressed air enters the oil? And is this likely to be faulty/cause low output?

Many thanks for your help in this!

Rob