Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FLEM Mark II - guest list, equipment list, hotel info, other plans...

Smile FLEM Mark II - guest list, equipment list, hotel info, other plans...

Hey guys!

OK - FLEM Mark II is rapidly approaching. We've got a little over 3 weeks to go, so I figured it would be good to start a thread listing everyone that is planning on attending, and to collect some basic information like:

When you will arrive in Orlando (if driving/flying in):
    When you plan to leave for home (again, only if traveling):
    Equipment you want to bring:
    Number of guests in your group:
    Where you plan on staying:
    Will you be joining us for dinner Friday night:
    Will you be joining us for the NASA space center trip on Sunday:
    Any special requirements or requests you have:

The reason for asking about arrival dates and hotel arrangements is that it might be fun if the travelers from out of town ended up staying at hotels that were close enough to one another that you could all get together for breakfast or something...

I'll start:

I'll be driving down from Charleston. I plan on arriving either Wednesday or Thursday evening, and will leave Orlando for home either late Sunday evening or early Monday morning. (Gotta check the work schedule to be sure.)

I'll be staying at my Mom's house, which is about an hour or so north of Orlando (she lives in Tavares). So I'll need to drive in to town and back to Tavares each day.

I'll be bringing my solid state RGB projector (~600 mw total) running on my Pangolin QM-2000 intro board. I'll also have an optical plate with a 100 mw DPSS green laser and a set of scanners mounted on it. That way we can yank my scanners off and install anyone else's scanners if they want to get them tuned. (Several members will be flying in, so they won't be able to bring their entire projector with them. But it's easy to pack a set of scanners and amps!)

I'll also have my oscilloscope, my large Antari 1200Z fogger, a mirrored ball, and a couple other interesting doodads. Of course I'll also bring a soldering iron and all the usually tools. I *might* even be able to bring the HGM 5 with the new 903 tube; that's still up in the air though. I'll have an 8-port N-way fast ethernet switch and some spare network cables with me so people can connect their machines to share files, and I'll have *all* the videos and pictures from previous LEM's available on the network.

I will not be bringing any guests with me this time, but I will have 2 gallons of home-brew beer to share with everyone! (Amber wheat this time)
    I am definitely up for dinner Friday night, and I'm also up for the trip to the space coast on Sunday. I actually plan on being in Orlando for most of the day on Friday, helping Paul get everything set up. If anyone needs assistance on Friday, call me on my cell phone at (843) 324-0735

Ok - here's the list of guests I've got confirmed so far. Would each of you please reply to this thread and fill us in on your plans? Thanks!

Adam

Confirmed members attending FLEM Mark II
    Allthatwhichis
    Aseras
    Astroguy
    Buffo
    Clandestiny
    Daedal
    DZ
    Evoldica
    Flecom
    Gottaluvlasers EDIT: Marc will not be able to attend.
    Hayden EDIT: Last minute cancellation. Hayden will not be there either.
    Imagelight
    Marconi
    Pangolin
    Pitts
    Last edited by buffo; 02-21-2008 at 11:42.

HI,

I'll be leaving New Zealand Thursday at 8pm to San Francisco then direct flight to Orlando getting there on Thursday night at 10pm. Strange this time slip thing !! looks like the whole trip is only two hours.. Wish it was.

Staying near Universal Studios. (PM me if you are near here)

Due customs clearance issues in both countries and usual import / export hassles wont be bringing any gear sadly. However I will have with me my Mark 1 eyeballs and open ears. Hope to learn a lot from watching you guys.

On Sunday am going to the Space Center (can't not do that man !!)

Monday thru Wednesday - Pangolin and LSDI.

Thursday leave for LA (8hours at LAX... poop!) then back to NZ never to see Friday.
    Arrive back in NZ Saturday at 5am.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Cheers

RAy

Lightbulb

I will be arriving, well, I'm already here. I not only get to enjoy the traffic, I am the traffic. I plan to take the day off on Friday to help Paul do whatever. I have no clue what all I will bring. Definatly the projector, BGC at the moment, but I shipped the Maxyz out today. Should have it back by then, or I'll have to con marconi into bringing me a replacement somehow. I was thinking of inviting a friend that is doing phtograpy semi-pro. He has a very nice camera. I'll bring my DV cam. PC, Laptop for netmeeting, two aircards for internet, and for sure my goofy ass. If somehow I can get someone to carry all that stuff to the meet in their car, I'll bring the bike.

I plan on dinner and the boss will at least come to that, something about alcohol or something...

What is this Kennedy thing you speak of? That is the local bottle rocket range. Why would you go there? They don't even let you light them off...

Hey Ray, I am off on Wednesday. Any chance that is the day you plan to go to LSDI?
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

When you will arrive in Orlando (if driving/flying in): Driving, should arrive about 10-11am.
    When you plan to leave for home (again, only if traveling): Late Saturday night.
    Equipment you want to bring: RGB projector, effects projector, Pangolin, sound system and various tools for working on a projector. Oh, and I picked up about 2 dozen grape flavored freshly made cigars from one of my account here in Jax, Swisher!
    Number of guests in your group: Me, and possibly 1 or 2 guests.
    Where you plan on staying: At FLEM of course!
    Will you be joining us for dinner Friday night: Sadly, no.
    Will you be joining us for the NASA space center trip on Sunday: Not this time.
    Any special requirements or requests you have:
    Adam's homebrew and Allthats' boss's lasagna!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    Number of guests in your group: Me, and possibly 1 or 2 guests.
    Any chance one of them is Spec?

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Any chance one of them is Spec?
    Probably not. If he does go, it will be decided at the very last minute, maybe day of the event...

Dang - missing another one for Uncle Sam

Looking forward to the "postable" stories and photos after the big event!!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

When you will arrive in Orlando. Amtrak, should arrive in Orlando Friday morning around 10:30am
    When you plan to leave for home (again, only if traveling): Sunday 1pm
    Equipment you want to bring: TurboTrack2 Amp w/Cambridge 6800's, I'm purchasing Pangolin LD2000 Intro from LSDI
    Number of guests in your group: None unless I can con Greg from LSDI into stopping by.
    Where you plan on staying: Not sure yet, will update soon.
    Will you be joining us for dinner Friday night: Hopefully, I will need the address of the restaurant for the GPS
    Will you be joining us for the NASA space center trip on Sunday: No

Any special requirements or requests you have:None

clandestiny is offline Eleventy-Billion Watt Ar/Kr >:)
    somewhere between orlando and san antonio

I mentioned this to greg, but like the rest of us, he is quite busy, i will be down in naples that week getting an event set up- which is why- although i'm uncertain- i'm trying like hell to be back in town friday to take advantage of the slave labor that will be available-
    LOL

this isn't vacation for me- unfortunately, the show must go on-...
    go big or go home

Sounds like fun... I'm here basically snowed into my house and thinking... it is probably very nice in Florida... it would only be a couple hour drive.

TO make the drive even more enticing... the 2 gal of Amber Wheat you've mentioned Adam.

Well I'll have to put it off for a year - at least. I will go at some point, it would be great to meet everyone. But my theory is this. By this time next year, I will working full time with my degree finished - so that means a LOT of time for the projector and more disposable income. Hopefully this summer I will have the $ to be able to add a nice blue to the projector.

Also start planning ahead... I don't bottle my homebrew... I go straight to the keg, so either I'll need to bring my supplies with or we'll have to source a kegerator that has Ball Valve style locks for Corny Kegs.

-Max

BTW "i'm trying like hell to be back in town friday to take advantage of the slave labor that will be available" hahaha funny! I know if I could I would gladly be slave labor.