Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP: ScanPro20 DMX Board!

Default HELP: ScanPro20 DMX Board!

Hey guys,

I have my CNI Laser now and i was trying to use it with my ScanPro20 DMX board. The board does not seem to put out enough power out of its TTL outputs to even power up my laser! Rather than putting out upto >5volts, it only puts out about >1.5volts MAX. Is this a fault with the board ? or ?!?!?!Any ideas!?!?!?

Also, Does anyone know how i setup the dip switches on the DMX board to enable the ILDA Port ?

I am having the EXACT same problem with my CNI and the DMX board!

Except my laser does slightly power up, but it sits in TEM20 and is about 20mw.

dave from LSP is making up a TTL amp circuit right now, which I beleive will just be a single transistor.

I'll share the circuit with you once I have it

I believe that the TTL output is a 0 / 5 volt output used only to switch the internal power supply. The laser has its own supply input. Example, my Extreamlaser blue has 120 VAC input and 2 small TTL input wires.

Mike

Yeah. The problem is, the DMX board cant supply enough power to fully turn on the laser, Sean said it was about 1.5V

It's hard to believe that the TTL input would load down the DMX driver. TTL is by nature 0,1 that is 0,5 volts, on,off. I would put the meter on the DMX output under no load.
    I should check my DX and Extremelaser modules for TTL input impedance. This never crossed my mind.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Things View Post
    I am having the EXACT same problem with my CNI and the DMX board!

Except my laser does slightly power up, but it sits in TEM20 and is about 20mw.

dave from LSP is making up a TTL amp circuit right now, which I beleive will just be a single transistor.

I'll share the circuit with you once I have it
    Thanks Things, That would be a real help if you can share that circuit

I'm gutted, i expected it to all kick in to action, but

Quote Originally Posted by Hemlock Mike View Post
    It's hard to believe that the TTL input would load down the DMX driver. TTL is by nature 0,1 that is 0,5 volts, on,off. I would put the meter on the DMX output under no load.
    I should check my DX and Extremelaser modules for TTL input impedance. This never crossed my mind.

Mike
    Rather than call it a DMX Board, I think i am best referring to it as a Program Board with DMX. The board has ILDA in/out, DMX in/out, Scanner Outputs and the RGB TTL Outputs for the lasers. Each TTL output rates 0>1.5volts when measured with a meter. The CNI Laser Apparently needs 2volts to its TTL Line to power on to TEM20.

Sean --

Thanks for the heads up. I have the 20K Scanpro and I thought TTL meant just that. I may have to add a driver too. I will probably use a small mosfet because of the low gate impedance. A small resistor to ground will discharge the gate capacity.

Mike

Here is the diagram. I am going to get the parts tommorow, i'll let you know how it goes. I hope you dont mind me sharing this, dave?

Could a single device in emitter follower configuration provide the needed 2 volts of drive ?

Mike