Thread: DT-30 doing weird scanning

Default DT-30 doing weird scanning

Hey guys, i was using my laser just fine, and one day it suddenly started doing these weird images, i bought the DT-30 used, installed it, used it for about half a year (only 5hs a week), i leaved the laser without use for about like 3 months and when i want to turn it on, i put quickshow and some beams and i start watching lines instead of dots, i mean, you can see the dots but there's a line through them, and when i do the test pattern here's what i get, i don't know what it can be because i forgot about everything i knew about lasers by no using it for about half a year
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	laserscan.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	47200

Check your cable, especially in reference to pin 25. It looks like it could be a grounding issue.

Quote Originally Posted by slicklasers View Post
    Check your cable, especially in reference to pin 25. It looks like it could be a grounding issue.
    thanks, will check, i had some cable issues in the past i hope it's that

opened both cable ends, ground cable was desoldered in one end, i don't know how you guys know so much about your lasers haha, thanks so much, will solder it and tell you after if it works.

now working, i'm testing it to see if i don't really have other problems :P

Been doing this since '96, and I am learning everything as I go… Still learning things every day.
    Quote Originally Posted by juampix View Post
    opened both cable ends, ground cable was desoldered in one end, i don't know how you guys know so much about your lasers haha, thanks so much, will solder it and tell you after if it works.