Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 596566676869

Thread: DTR's Laser Shop: Diodes-Drivers-Lenses-LEDs & More

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    Yeah, I've still got a 473nm DPSS sitting around myself. The beam specs on those suckers are great, but DPSS certainly has its drawbacks including being really large just to get to ~150mw.

The 473nm diodes (whatever they really are) are certainly more practical for about the same power as my old DPSS. Unfortunately I only bought one, but I would buy more if another lot came up for sale. In my case, I've decided to use my one for graphics on a wall that is treated with glow in the dark paint. This paint will glow when hit with 450nm (albeit not anywhere near as well as it does with 405nm), so I think using 473nm instead will allow me to do RGB graphics on the walls without leaving any glowing trails.

-David
    Have you seen that putty that turns purple when hit with a purple light? My kids got some for Christmas. I think the purple light is a 405 diode light but I am not sure. If you draw on the putty with it, the putty instantly turns purple there and fades away after some time. I didn't check it out in the dark or with a black light. It is pretty nifty, however it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Kecked
    How different are the 465/462 diodes to 473? Set would be 660 638 520 465/462 445 dropping 405. Can’t focus my eye on it.
    Unfortunately, I don't have a 465/462 diode to compare it against. I'll pick one up from DTR just for kicks, but I think DTR only sells multimodes in the 465nm/462nm range. The other recent oddballs (495nm, 505nm, and 473nm) appear to be singlemode . . and low power. All of this said, my wife tells me that my blue/green differentiation in the transition ranges is poor and likes to point out my occasional clothing mismatches.

Although this also doesn't address your question, post number #11 here has a side-by-side of some of the green to blue ranges. (Thanks to Lazerman121 for going through LPF as I can't read anything on that forum without losing my mind. )

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    Have you seen that putty that turns purple when hit with a purple light? My kids got some for Christmas. I think the purple light is a 405 diode light but I am not sure. If you draw on the putty with it, the putty instantly turns purple there and fades away after some time. I didn't check it out in the dark or with a black light. It is pretty nifty, however it works.
    No I haven't. I'll keep my eyes open for some as my daughter already likes drawing on the walls with a 405nm laser pointer (supervised as she is only five and the laser pointer is ~35mw). I wonder if your stuff is a zinc-sulfide or alkaline earth metal aluminate (apparently incorrectly referred to as strontium aluminate by me). I understand the AEMA purple and reds don't glow very long as compared with the greens and blues which can glow for 12-24+ hours when charged.

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Thank you for posting, but didn't you promise something involving large numbers of photos in the past

single mode I assume with beamspecs similar to other sm diodes ?

Will the availability be better than the last batch of cyanos ?

Default DTR website help

Hello,

I am a student at the City College of New York and am working on a project needing high powered lasers. Can the drivers that come with the laser be modulated? We are interested in analog modulation.

Also, do you have blue lasers at 465nm, 500-1000mW? The link on the website was not working. What are the costs of these?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by charmyc4 View Post
    Can the drivers that come with the laser be modulated? We are interested in analog modulation.

The drivers that DTR sells on his shop are designed for portable, battery-powered applications that do not operate continuously. (In other words, laser pointers.) So no, they don't support analog modulation. You would need to purchase a separate driver.

Here is a link to the BBE driver that many people here on the forums have used with great success: https://www.ebay.com/itm/3A-analog-l...n/163377518563

Also, do you have blue lasers at 465nm, 500-1000mW? The link on the website was not working.

DTR's website seems to be working fine for me.?.

Anyway, here is the direct link to the page with the M462 diodes: https://sites.google.com/site/dtrsla...nm-laser-diode They max out at around 2 watts.

Adam

Found a new longer focal length lens DTR-G-8 that is showing some pretty interesting results. Discussion thread on them over on the other site.

DTR-G-8

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post

The drivers that DTR sells on his shop are designed for portable, battery-powered applications that do not operate continuously. (In other words, laser pointers.) So no, they don't support analog modulation. You would need to purchase a separate driver.

Here is a link to the BBE driver that many people here on the forums have used with great success: https://www.ebay.com/itm/3A-analog-l...n/163377518563
    Adam
    Most laser drivers I have on the site are simple compact drivers with either no modulation support or for the Super X-Drive it can support just TTL. However I do also have the Blackbuck 8M made by BBe as well which dose both analog and TTL. Also has other features not found on the smaller compact drivers I carry like the overheat protection which can connect to an external NTC sensor you would attach on the laser heatsinks to shut down the driver if exceeding 50C. All laser drivers I carry can be run continuously when properly sinked just like the BBe Linear that also needs to be sinked to run continuously. The BBe 3A Linear it is a great driver and I do plan on getting some here in the next batch he sends me due to requests for them.
    Last edited by DTR; 03-05-2019 at 23:21.

Hey Jordan;

Sorry dude - I didn't know you were stocking some of the BBE analog drivers now. My bad! (Although it's good to know that we've got another source for them if need be.)

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Hey Jordan;

Sorry dude - I didn't know you were stocking some of the BBE analog drivers now. My bad! (Although it's good to know that we've got another source for them if need be.)

Adam
    No worries. You were helping the guy out. I did not even see the posts till I came to put a link for the new lens thread so I am glad that you did.