Thread: Flexmod P3 beam suppression

Default Flexmod P3 beam suppression

Hi all,
    Just received some Flexmod P3 from Illumination Supply and want to install 2 resistances for beam suppression feature following the manual:
    http://innolasers.com/laser/FlexModP...dP3_Manual.pdf
    But reading manual it says "If ordered, your driver is capable of suppressing the standby glow produced by the laser when modulation is off"

"IF ORDERED" seems there are 2 different flexmod drivers? One capable of beam suppression (with the resistances mod) and the other one not?

So, the question is, I have a "current" FMP 3.3 flexmod driver, I've not ordered beam suppression (thats my fault

Could I be able to operate with beam suppression if I solder the resistances on it? Or it should be another flexmod? (with different firmware..I don't know)

Many thanks!!

Jordi

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

from illumination supply:

"PRODUCT DETAILS
    This is for the interlock output loop monitor."

flexmods with the interlock output loop monitor do not have beam suppression.
    Quote Originally Posted by jors View Post
    Hi all,
    Just received some Flexmod P3 from Illumination Supply and want to install 2 resistances for beam suppression feature following the manual:
    http://innolasers.com/laser/FlexModP...dP3_Manual.pdf
    But reading manual it says "If ordered, your driver is capable of suppressing the standby glow produced by the laser when modulation is off"

"IF ORDERED" seems there are 2 different flexmod drivers? One capable of beam suppression (with the resistances mod) and the other one not?

So, the question is, I have a "current" FMP 3.3 flexmod driver, I've not ordered beam suppression (thats my fault

Could I be able to operate with beam suppression if I solder the resistances on it? Or it should be another flexmod? (with different firmware..I don't know)

Many thanks!!

Jordi
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Many thanks swamidog. Do you know if possible to modify this "version" with resistors or something else to enable it?

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i think it's burned into the firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by jors View Post
    Many thanks swamidog. Do you know if possible to modify this "version" with resistors or something else to enable it?
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Oh I see
    Really happy with Lasertack drivers beam suppression feature. However These flexmods was ordered before just starting my projector and have no idea on this feature when ordered.
    I have received them today cause there was no stock from Illum supply (after 2,5months!), and really wanted to implement this feature on them for my next projector. But, if not possible, I would order more drivers from lasertack and not use flexmods (I have 4)
    many thanks!

Hi jors,

You can use the Flexmods for red diodes, and the drivers with beam suppression for blue diodes, as these ones have a more visible "led" beam.
    Last edited by MIIKKKLLLL; 07-08-2014 at 22:19. Reason: spelling error

--- www.neodym.be ---

Ok I'll try. thanks!