Thread: Video of a little gig from last Sat night.

Default Video of a little gig from last Sat night.

Here's a bit of video of an Old Skool gig called Re-vived I did last Sat night.

My lasers had some stiff competition from the mega powerful LED bars and moving head lights on stage. The hazer was set up to the left of the stage and the haze seemed to stay over to the left side of the room so this made the lasers on the left of the stage look brighter.

The cue changes are a bit out of sync due to having to hold the camera as well as operate Live Pro via touch screen.

Laser details listed in profile below.

Carl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2RkqhAreBo
    Last edited by Carl B; 03-07-2011 at 09:24.
    2 x Stanwax Laser 3W RGB's
    2 x OPT 10W RGB
    Pangolin FB3QS + Live Pro
    1.3W Laser Harp

Nice Carl but booooooo for killing the video right at the start of Bit Machine
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Nice Carl but booooooo for killing the video right at the start of Bit Machine
    Sorry about that Ian but holding the camera above head height for 5min's was making my arm ache. I have miss placed the tripod plate for the bottom of the camera otherwise I would have used the tripod.

Thanks anyway Ian.
    2 x OPT 10W RGB
    1.3W Laser Harp

I don't get it, why do your 700mW projectors look so bright in a bright room, but my 6W projector looks weak in a dark room

Nice looking setup. One question, you appear to be playing it very safe as far as clearance over the crowd is concerned. Was there something like a balcony/mirrors/etc at the back of the room that caused a hazard you needed to avoid, or was it just a trick of the camera angle?
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Nice show Carl !!!

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Nice looking setup. One question, you appear to be playing it very safe as far as clearance over the crowd is concerned. Was there something like a balcony/mirrors/etc at the back of the room that caused a hazard you needed to avoid, or was it just a trick of the camera angle?
    Hi Norty

Yes, there was a balcony with mirrors fitted to the edge and glass panel railings around three sides of the room. The mirrors and glass paneling at the back of the room, above my head just out of shot in the video, had to be covered up and the lateral distance of the beams to the two side balcony's had to be checked. As you can tell in the video, the Y axis of the master projection zone is set very small, about 1/2 the height of the balcony railing.

@ Felcom. With the balcony open, the club capacity is 500 and it may look bigger but the stage was only about 12m away from the control area.
    This was the first time I have done a gig with the control area at the back of the room and I have to say it made the night far more enjoyable for me. As to how 700mW's can do better than 3W, You've got me stumped there

Thanks for your kind comments guys.
    2 x OPT 10W RGB
    1.3W Laser Harp

Quote Originally Posted by Carl B View Post
    Hi Norty

Yes, there was a balcony with mirrors fitted to the edge and glass panel railings around three sides of the room. The mirrors and glass paneling at the back of the room, above my head just out of shot in the video, had to be covered up and the lateral distance of the beams to the two side balcony's had to be checked. As you can tell in the video, the Y axis of the master projection zone is set very small, about 1/2 the height of the balcony railing.

@ Felcom. With the balcony open, the club capacity is 500 and it may look bigger but the stage was only about 12m away from the control area.
    This was the first time I have done a gig with the control area at the back of the room and I have to say it made the night far more enjoyable for me. As to how 700mW's can do better than 3W, You've got me stumped there

Thanks for your kind comments guys.
    maybe thats what it is, I am so used to being behind the projector lol