Thread: Donations to pl

Default Donations to pl

WHY IS THERE NO BUTTON FOR DONATIONS?

It would sure make it easier for people to do and make them think about giving a donation if there was a donation button on the menu system or at least in the personal profile page....

I think if someone benefits from PL or a post they should be able to press a button to give even a dollar just to say thank you. Not mandatory, not in anyone's face but available. They could then leave a thank you to the poster on the post.
    This might get competitive and PL would greatly benefits and those who contribute might feel at least a warm feeling. Then again if we did this and nobody used it they might feel used...

I like this idea... Shouldn't be too hard to implement either.

How about it, Spec?

Adam

Please do. I would use this as it's convenient. Especially if donations can be done through paypal

I might be able to give a little something something. How much does it cost to run the site btw?

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    Please do. I would use this as it's convenient. Especially if donations can be done through paypal
    of course they can.. a number of us are sending automated monthly payments in via paypal.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    I would use this as it's convenient. Especially if donations can be done through paypal
    If you are looking for "convenient", then simply become a registered member. The $10 monthly donation is automatically transferred from your paypal account, and each month you get a notification letting you know that it happened. Once you set it up, you don't have to do anything else ever again.

The idea behind a donate button is for people who are not registered members but still want to contribute something on a less-frequent basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    How much does it cost to run the site btw?
    Quite a bit more than you might think. The site is large, and it gets a shitload of traffic. (If I remember correctly, about 3 years ago Spec was seeing between 7 and 10 million hits per month.)

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    a number of us are sending automated monthly payments in via paypal.
    Yup. All the users you see with bold, bright blue letters in their user name at the top left of each post (next to their avatar) are registered members who donate at least $10 per month. A select few are corporate sponsors who donate even more.

Adam