Thread: VUblinker for winamp

Default VUblinker for winamp

Hi there,

I would introduce a small experimental program for easylase: VUblinker.
    I played some VB6 stuff with easylase, so I code a (toy) simple external program next to winamp which uses the VB Link DLL (is found here http://www.winamp.com/plugin/winamp-vblink/24837 ) a simple laser spectrum analyzer for winamp.

7 Bars are displayed,instead of 8 bars as in the preview, there are some options to invert and swap X/Y and pps.

I used also the example code from jmlasers easylase to write stuff to the easylase, but when I run the program for a long time( 3 minutes is enough to see the effect ), system ram will increase from 7mb's to 50mb's ! and the program will also lag.
    This also happens at the example program, when I removed the part of the grayed button and just send alot frames, or different ones.
    I tried to find that bug, and also tried to clear the array, but it seems it only happens when you send an array to the easylase. (easylasedatenfeld) so if I skipped that part, the application won't increase it's system memory or it won't even lag :/.

Here's the vblinker app which is in beta, since it's memory leaking or something.
    http://flan.dnstje.nl/downloads/vublinkerv1.4BETA.zip

Connecting without easylase will solve the problem(since it disable the easylase code), but it was meant to use it with a laser~

So anyone knows this problem? I would like to use the code again for other applications which I have in mind, but this is stopping me from coding more apps~

Thanks,

Dnstje.

Programming and other assorted Bit-level Alchemy

damn, I gues I'm in the wrong forum, I should quit the whole hobby.

bye.

k that was random

I don't have an easylase interface so can't help you

The easylaseWriteFrame routine doesn't free the array memory, it just reads from it. Depending on how you allocated the array memory before sending to easylase, you will need to free it when it is no longer used.

Ah thanks, I just fixed that.

http://download.dnstje.nl/downloads/vublinkerv15.zip

Although I don't think many people does like it, because it uses a easylase as toy ~.

Very nice dnstje ^^

Thanks for sharing

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Dnstje View Post
    Although I don't think many people does like it, because it uses a easylase as toy ~.
    Not at all! Personally I think it's a cool idea. However, since I don't have an Easylase controller, I can't run it. (I use Pangolin.) But for those folks that have an Easylase, it's great.

Nothing wrong with using your laser projector as a toy... There are lots of programs out there that do this. (Laser-mame, fireworks, Zoof-eroids, Zoof-o-scope, etc) I think you just need to wait until more Easylase owners see this thread and get a chance to download your software.

Adam

To be honest I wouldn't consider any DAC as a toy, It all comes what results you have and how you use it.

This can be set under creativity which I don't consider toying

It is outrageous that the Zoofware is in the same post as the word 'toy'!

Just kidding

DNSTje: looking forward to seeing it in action tomorrow at the LEM! I've got some new (winamp) stuff to show as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoof View Post
    It is outrageous that the Zoofware is in the same post as the word 'toy'!
    Just kidding
    Hey Zoof, remember LaserToy.exe? (bouncing circles) That's where is all started and got me hooked into this crazy obsession!

dnstje- this is a great experimental program, keep at it man- good stuff

I wish I had a plane ticket to NL, you guys are going to have some fun

-Mike
    Last edited by mikkojay; 12-10-2010 at 12:09. Reason: typeo :)