Thread: green 532nm dpss laser with ttl to analog

Default green 532nm dpss laser with ttl to analog

Hi, i have got a similar module to this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/250mw-532nm-D...item19c235ae32

250mw 532nm DPSS Green Lab Laser Module With TTL

With a cooling system, brand new 250mw 532nm Green DPSS laser is connected with an exclusive power supply. This is good for lab, machine and manufacturing and for laser projector replacement. It’s good for marking.

Specification

Wavelength: 532nm

Output Power: 250mw

Operating Current: 2000mA

Operating Voltage: 85~265VAC

Operating Mode: CW or Modulation (TTL)

Modulation Mode: Analog and TTL: 0~30KHz

Transverse mode: TEMoo

Cooling Means: Thermo Electric Cooling (TEC)

Optics: Coated Glass Lens

Nd: YOV4 + KTP

Beam Divergence: 1.5~2.5mrad

Power Stability: 5% @ 4hrs

Warm-up time: <10mins

Operating Temperature: -10℃~50℃

Storage Temperature: -40℃~85℃

Dimensions (Laser Head): 48x 50 x 131 mm

Dimensions (Power Supply): 58 x 68 x 106 mm

But the analog modulation doesn't seem to be linear but more limited to a few steps.

If i hook it up to an easylase II usb and use the provided test program i can modify the intensity in a few steps but when i hook it up to my fb3 (quickshow 2.0) and try to create a few circles with different intensity it doesn't seem to do it.

Is it possible to enhance this with a new driver that supports both the diode and ttl and how would i approach this operation since i don't have the current/voltage specs etc availlable.

Michel

Maybe measure pumpdiode current and disconnecting the wires to the diode and replace that part with a flexmod (able to deliver 4A max) which you adjust to the same current ?
    Keep the tecpart and wires enable so the tec works (since that works with a sensor (ptc/ntc).
    That's how i would approach it. Does this help ?
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

I was offered a driver which serves both tec and diode so will have to figure out how this fits in the picture.

will disassemble the laser driver to see what connects to what and if i can get some readings on voltage and current.

Michel

Default be warned

be warned
    dont expect it to analog modulate very well
    i had one of those designs a few years back gave poor results when i swapped
    the driver .some cheap dpss designs just dont suit analog very well , that said
    you might be lucky if you can get the tec temps right for analog, or you will see
    all sort tails on scanned images
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

hmm, maybe better to look for a small analog green then.

i have 800mw of red and a 1W blue (which i can turn down to match the red and green).
    when i look at chroma, for a nice white balance with 800mw of red, i should not exceed 250mw of green because else it will be too much for the 800mw of red.
    Right?

Michel
    well, over to the buy section then

Default chroma

Quote Originally Posted by michelrietveld View Post
    hmm, maybe better to look for a small analog green then.

i have 800mw of red and a 1W blue (which i can turn down to match the red and green).
    when i look at chroma, for a nice white balance with 800mw of red, i should not exceed 250mw of green because else it will be too much for the 800mw of red.
    Right?

Michel
    well, over to the buy section then
    ohh no not chroma its wrong it just dont allow for working in the real world
    optical losses and stuff like that so it ends up being wrong. just search the forum as to what others think of chroma. but it has its uses as a guide, if you factor in the dichro and mirror losses
    i think that the red will work well with 250mw of green and around 300mw of your 445nm
    but put the red first in the line as thats the one you will want the least losses from the dichros, it will pay to buy a good green its not worth buying ebay cheap chinese, you will be dissapointed, i went through all that when i started and wished i had not.
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.