Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: A little video of an outdoor show I did over the weekend in Eugene Oregon

Default A little video of an outdoor show I did over the weekend in Eugene Oregon

since you did it outdoor did you need to get FAA approval?

what the fuck you trying to say, if you have to say something say it to my face... you have no idea what you talking about, you don't know any facts so tell me, shit face.

Sorry for writing this in the comment here...

Quote Originally Posted by hivelaser View Post
    what the fuck you trying to say, if you have to say something say it to my face... you have no idea what you talking about, you don't know any facts so tell me, shit face.

Sorry for writing this in the comment here...

im pretty sure my intentions as well as my statement were well clear and proper, thus not needing explanation. i would tone the hostility down a notch if i were you, as it is completely unneccessary. trust me, id rather say it to your face.

also, we dont need snipey little pricks like you asking everyone if they filed proper paperwork. if you knew anything youd know that slick is in full compliance 100% of the time, usually moreso than any competitors. maybe since i know him and the way he feels about legality, i can accurately say so.

to have your pissant question be the first post in this thread is a thorn in the side of a professional company's profession, safe and legal laser show.

You are so complete out of line here, i ask this question since i am doing shows as well and was wondering if you need to get approval from the FAA to do that. Since in the US you have to deal with a lot of licenses.

In my question no where was stated that slicklaser performed anything wrong or did something wrong. So again get your facts straight.

And what i don't need is someone putting rumors out their of me scamming pangolin... so again in case you forgot, i dont need a snipey little prick telling rumors.

You are so complete out of line here, i ask this question since i am doing shows as well and was wondering if you need to get approval from the FAA to do that. Since in the US you have to deal with a lot of licenses.

In my question no where was stated that slicklaser performed anything wrong or did something wrong. So again get your facts straight.

And what i don't need is someone putting rumors out their of me scamming pangolin... so again in case you forgot, i dont need a snipey little prick telling rumors.

the only way you would not have a license file if if you had never connected an FB3 and installed QS. simple as that.

im not gonna argue with you, as i dont want to pollute a friends thread anymore, so please, hear the respect in my tone when i kindly as you to shut the fuck up and let it go.

Agreed, i still have the question tho, i have to do a show outside and its open to the sky 4 walls around me, since their is no roof, so i was wondering if i need to get a FAA approval or something so i am doing the show based on regulation, i don't want to get in trouble.

If the beam doesn't enter free airspace (ie if it's 100% blocked by the four walls you describe) then it does not require FAA approval. If you shoot over the walls into free airspace, then you need FAA approval.

Agreed, i still have the question tho, i have to do a show outside and its open to the sky 4 walls around me, since their is no roof, so i was wondering if i need to get a FAA approval or something so i am doing the show based on regulation, i don't want to get in trouble.
    do you have a show operators variance? this is required to even turn that laser on for your... "show", i only sound so doubting because this question wouldnt need to be asked as it is a bit of info that is learned along the road to taking lasers out into public settings.

im sorry if i came off harsh, but i feel there is a good bit to be learned before you should be running any shows, especially in airspace.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Even with a "terminated" outdoor show, with no beams into the sky, you need the FAA approval. Outdoor means no roof. To get that you need to inform CDRH and FAA (sometimes DOD as well for very high power) of the show and obtain a "Letter of no objection" for the event. The paperwork requires some thinking and research about the airspace your in, ie buying/downloading a FAA "Sectional" map of the area and learning to read it, plus some GPS numbers and a plot of your beam paths. There are some online laser safety calculators that will do most of the numbers needed. Much of what goes on depends on how close you are to any airports. Once you do the first one, its a cakewalk from then on out. You do need a variance or in some cases a pending variance to get the NOTAM and L.N.O.

We PLers welcome any attempt at becoming compliant and will help you to the best of our ability. I suspect there is a PM or a Deleted post in this thread, and I'd ask that you take the theatre elsewhere.

If you have tech questions ask, we have a few pro members here who go "Outside" all the time.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 09-14-2010 at 13:27.
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...