Thread: 200mW CW 650nm $32/Each

Cool 200mW CW 650nm $32/Each

Hello all,

I posted about this in another thread as well. I found a source for the 200mW CW 650nm diodes that Aixiz sells for $40/each. For only $32/each if we buy more than 50. Plus about $3 shipping within the US.

Post or PM me if you are interested. I will let this group buy go over 50 diodes if the response is great enough.

At this point a buyer at the local University and myself will account for 20 diodes. All I need are 30 more diodes purchased.

Thanks,
    Max

FYI Shipping is just an estimate as of now... I will try to make it to the post office soon to find out how much it will cost to ship a bubble-lined package. It probably closer to $1.50

Also if there are any Oversea-ers who are interested in the deal. I recommend a bunch of you gang together if you are interested, and have one person deal will all the distribution (like what was done for the PBS cube GB). That way the shipping for you guys is much cheaper.

-Max
    Last edited by mliptack; 12-09-2007 at 19:21. Reason: misspelling

Quote Originally Posted by mliptack View Post
    Hello all,

I posted about this in another thread as well. I found a source for the 200mW CW 650nm diodes that Aixiz sells for $40/each. For only $32/each if we buy more than 50. Plus about $3 shipping within the US.

Post or PM me if you are interested. I will let this group buy go over 50 diodes if the response is great enough.

At this point a buyer at the local University and myself will account for 20 diodes. All I need are 30 more diodes purchased.

Thanks,
    Max
    Sounds very interesting. Can you post a verified spec sheet?

http://mfgcn.com/db2/00146/mfgcn.com...200mwdiode.pdf

There is the discrepancy on the spec sheet we were talking about in the other thread regarding the wavelength.

-Max

That looks like a modified version of the Mitsubishi ML1XX27 spec sheet

you found any good diodes yet rob?
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by p1t8ull View Post
    That looks like a modified version of the Mitsubishi ML1XX27 spec sheet
    Hmm, you're right. It's strange that they both have the same threshold current (80mA) and slope efficiency (.95 rating) yet The ML101J27 predicts 120mW at 200mA (works out) but the mystery diode predicts 160mW at 210mA typ, which would be a slope efficiency of 1.23 not 0.95.

That is weird... I found the lasing threshold to be closer to around 45mA.

I sorta ignored the spec sheet after I checked which pin was the anode and which was the cathode.