Thread: Diffraction Grating Motor Controller

Default Diffraction Grating Motor Controller

Hello Peeps!

Do you know where I could source out/get a DMX diffraction grating motor controller that has control speed and direction?

Thank you guys!
    Philipp Wetter

Quote Originally Posted by JRGixxerfreaK1 View Post
    Hello Peeps!

Do you know where I could source out/get a DMX diffraction grating motor controller that has control speed and direction?

Thank you guys!
    http://www.spectrabeam.de/product_in...-or-20-Grating

Thanks alot Aage!

Uufff but 250 Euro.- !
    Philipp Wetter

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

My understanding is that particular poly wheel rotator from spectrabeam is not available. A possibility of restock is unknown. I haven't gone back to check but, if you try to buy it, they just refund your money. If I'm wrong... let me know as there is another solution that's been developed. Sort of.

ekeefe and polishedball on this forum have developed and prototyped a rotator such as this and I saw it a FLEM last February. I was supposed to be sent one by polishedball around that time although I don't think it ever got totally completed, as ekeefe's time was then monopolized by DZ for awhile on some other projects. That's currently freed up so, I would contact either of them and see where things stand. As a matter of fact.... I need to as well - thanks for the reminder!

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    ...ekeefe and polishedball on this forum have developed and prototyped a rotator such as this and I saw it a FLEM last February. I was supposed to be sent one by polishedball around that time although I don't think it ever got totally completed, as ekeefe's time was then monopolized by DZ for awhile on some other projects. That's currently freed up so, I would contact either of them and see where things stand. As a matter of fact.... I need to as well - thanks for the reminder!
    Same here -
    I totally forgot that project was going on behind the scenes, and I'm definitely on the early "interested" list since I already have the Poly-20.
    Hope that project comes to fruition!!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Creative Laser used to make something like that (they may still):

http://creativelaser.de/hardware/gra...ssessories.htm

The PWM1 I had has found a new home, but I still have the six track poly sector grating that was attached to it (Creative Laser's gratings are awesome ). The motor/controller you posted above looks somewhat similar to Creative Laser's. I still have the integration documentation for the motor and controller which might come in handy if you come across one of those controllers in a dusty parts bin at a LEM at some point

Sadly Peter at Creative Lasee still didnt reply, but no worries
    One Stop Laser Shop did an excellent job supplying me the diffraction grating!
    Philipp Wetter