Thread: New 1.7Watts from lasershowparts

Default New 1.7Watts from lasershowparts

Hello ppl got my new laser today

wery happy.

Although something worries me alitle. the laser diode/lens seems litle dislocated inside the aluminium-laserhead.

If you look at the pictures youl see litle what i mean, i dont know if it should be like this but when i turn the power to the max it looks like the beam hits the edge of the hole alitlebit.

Its litlebit to strong to really say for sure as it is really REALLY bright hehe.

But maby Dave or aijii from lasershowparts know something about this if it should be like this or??

Take care. all.

/Rickard

PS: on the pictures below you can see the lens is litle tilted to the left (seeing from front) from the actual hole in the aluminium-laserhead.

PS: Although it is good for my smoking habbit
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu33KeNrK0E
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00383.JPG  

DSC00384.JPG  

DSC00385.JPG  

I just seen video you posted on UTube...

You just found a new "highly safe" way to light on your damn cigarette!!!

I think at least you keep your eyes closed while you was trying to ignite it....

There are no words left to speak.......
    God save us...
    my webpage
    http://stevemilani.jimdo.com
    Skype ID: stevemilani957

my RGB analogue projectors:
    3.9 W (640/532/445) 30kpps
    2.6 W (655/532/450) 30kpps
    2.5 W (638/532/450) 30kpps
    0.7 W (test unit)(635/532/473) 18kpps

Wonder WHY? people are so obsessed with lighting cigarettes with lasers ..seems a damn expensive waste of resources ,all that electricity and equipment when you can pick up a lighter for 50c :-)

I have a friend who likes lasers and this is something hes seems to obsess over too , i suppose it shows the "lets take over the world" power of laser buit lets face it its not that cool anymore , maybe last centuary there was some novelty to it but now every second laser video you see is someone lighting a cigarette.

Lets BAN cigerette lighting videos from PL .

A) Some 14 year might think its cool and try and replicate
    B) Its int cool anymore
    C) by allowing such nonsense are we confirming its acceptabilty

Let there be flames
    DAR

PAUL :-)
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Milani View Post
    I just seen video you posted on UTube...

You just found a new "highly safe" way to light on your damn cigarette!!!

I think at least you keep your eyes closed while you was trying to ignite it....

There are no words left to speak.......
    God save us...
    I knew this was going to upset someone. or perhaps all. im so sorry for you, dont watch the video.

God will only save the ones who wanna be saved. And the ones who DOSNT light a cigg with a laser.
    damn im damned. or doomed or whatever :L

Wonder WHY? people are so obsessed with lighting cigarettes with lasers ..seems a damn expensive waste of resources ,all that electricity and equipment when you can pick up a lighter for 50c :-)

I have a friend who likes lasers and this is something hes seems to obsess over too , i suppose it shows the "lets take over the world" power of laser buit lets face it its not that cool anymore , maybe last centuary there was some novelty to it but now every second laser video you see is someone lighting a cigarette.

Lets BAN cigerette lighting videos from PL .

A) Some 14 year might think its cool and try and replicate
    B) Its int cool anymore
    C) by allowing such nonsense are we confirming its acceptabilty

Let there be flames
    DAR

PAUL :-)
    I hear ya.
    but why should you ban these videos? i dont think its cool. Cool or not thats not the point, i only felt hot! Im only trying to demonstrate the power of the laser to my: Not so familiar with the "Watts" friends.

Ive been on tour with a laser company and the best way we could demonstrate the power of the laser to the different venue-orginizers when they complain why the laser couldent be lower-aimed to the cowd, while we where setting the bounce-mirrors up, we simply power the laser up and stand 15meters away and light a cigg or peace of paper. That made most of them understand and show alitle bit more respect of its power.

And yes some orginizers took our word for it when just explaining, but sometimes you had to show.
    Some people simply dont understand the "watt".

I mean you and me and many other people understand that 300mW is really dangerous but the normal bystanders etc dont have a clue.

i think its a perfect way to demonstrate the power for the not so knowable ppl.

Well holding a peace of carboard could perhaps be more safer although it takes longer and therefore the effect is ruined.

If you read you see that i have posted a warning text to the video.

A) Well, riding a skateboard down the stairs or something else crazy the kids doin today is way more dangerous then this i believe, also not so big chance a 14year old going and buying a laser for xxxx $$. + most of the sellers wont sell to ppl under 18.
    B) No i know. hot is better.
    c) Yes. i gladly turn on my laser once a while to see its beuty, and why not light a cigg on it while its putting my electricity-bill throught the roof, taste so much better then my 1dollar lighter. Wonder if a cigarr taste better

I understand where this is coming from and i also wish they would regulate some pointers out there, and some of the jerks pointing at aircrafts etc.

But as i sayd this was only to demonstrate the power .

btw: fireworks videos are they ok? J/K
    Last edited by rfourt; 07-18-2008 at 07:00.

I'd say smoking is more dangerous than the act of lighting the cigarette with a laser. Unless you're drunk and using a laserscope that is... Besides, it's doesn't use any fossil fuel like a lighter would.

Now, back to the actual topic at hand. That is a nice laser! Viasho?

I don't think it's that unusual that the laser isn't completely centered, and assuming a gaussian beam profile you really don't lose much if the edge of the beam hits the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by rfourt View Post
    taste so much better then my 1dollar lighter.
    Are your speaker wires oxygen free and gold plated, too?

The beam isn't always exactly centered in the aperture hole, so one side will have a bit more speckle splash than the other, seems normal.

Hahaha "btw: fireworks videos are they ok? J/K"
    touche !!

Hey ...glad you took it in good spirit ... was just having a bit of fun .... hope ya didnt feel picked on !

DAR = Devils Advocate Rules

I dont really beleive anything should be banned on Pl , freedom of speech and all that , i REALLY was writing the last post with a smile on my face and passing a rare afternoon when i have time for some forum posting.

Still accepting Flames

PAUL
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Quote Originally Posted by tocket View Post
    I'd say smoking is more dangerous than the act of lighting the cigarette with a laser. Unless you're drunk and using a laserscope that is... Besides, it's doesn't use any fossil fuel like a lighter would.

Now, back to the actual topic at hand. That is a nice laser! Viasho?

I don't think it's that unusual that the laser isn't completely centered, and assuming a gaussian beam profile you really don't lose much if the edge of the beam hits the edge.

Hehe. yea im always environmental :P

I dont really know if it a Viasho, i bought it from Lasershowparts, all i know and can tell, no signs or stickers on it other then the warnings and Power.

Ok, sound good to hear. i have been trying to see if it hits the edge, i dont think it does, just the bright light reflecting on it, cant look at it for to long so its tricky.

Are your speaker wires oxygen free and gold plated, too?

The beam isn't always exactly centered in the aperture hole, so one side will have a bit more speckle splash than the other, seems normal.
    Hehe. i know where you getting at. my friend is actually a total nerd on the sound part and has some cables that probably costs more then this laser x2. Clear sound is nice but no, goldplates for me. but thinking of buing some for the power cables to my projector. hehe.

ok thanks sounds good. and i think that is what im seeing.

Hahaha "btw: fireworks videos are they ok? J/K"
    touche !!

Hey ...glad you took it in good spirit ... was just having a bit of fun .... hope ya didnt feel picked on !

DAR = Devils Advocate Rules

I dont really beleive anything should be banned on Pl , freedom of speech and all that , i REALLY was writing the last post with a smile on my face and passing a rare afternoon when i have time for some forum posting.

Still accepting Flames

PAUL

hehe. thnx m8, no worries. i didnt really know if i was picked on or not. hehe just trying to behave as im kind of new here.

Thnx again for the answers.

I recently tore apart my 250mw green laser to take temperature readings on the TEC. The TEC/Diode sandwich is "floating" on a block of aluminum tied to the hot side of the TEC. Underneath the head are two screws which hold down the whole enchilada (sorry, I'm hungry).

I found my head wasn't centered behind the aperature as well. So, I loosened the two screws and jostled it a bit and it lined right up.