Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I found an alien in my back yard

Default I found an alien in my back yard

I don't think he plans on taking over the world, but ya never know .. I asked what planet he (or she- kinda hard to tell) was from, but got no response, so that made me suspicious. I put him off the bbq grill and on to a leaf where his actions are being carefully monitored. If I see the mothership, I'll be sure to post a pic here, right after I call seti.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01372.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	43779

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

this handsome guy was on my back patio yesterday, asking to come in for mice and ice cream.

Name:	patio-snake.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	219.3 KB 
ID:	43782

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    I don't think he plans on taking over the world, but ya never know .. I asked what planet he (or she- kinda hard to tell) was from, but got no response, so that made me suspicious. I put him off the bbq grill and on to a leaf where his actions are being carefully monitored. If I see the mothership, I'll be sure to post a pic here, right after I call seti.

Name:	DSC01372.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	43779
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    this handsome guy was on my back patio yesterday, asking to come in for mice and ice cream.

Wow, your alien looks a lot scarier than my alien. Did you give him everything he wanted? :-O

i gave him all the lizards and frogs he could catch, but we decided he was better as an outdoor friend.

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    Wow, your alien looks a lot scarier than my alien. Did you give him everything he wanted? :-O
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

a very good choice, I'm sure ..

i gave him all the lizards and frogs he could catch, but we decided he was better as an outdoor friend.

Careful, Steve. That caterpillar will sting you.

Google "White Marked Tussock Moth Caterpillar" and read all about it. But the short version is that it's like poison ivy, only more painful. Avoid if possible!

Adam

That's bad ass. Diamond Back bearing a dose of free venom.

Thank god the worst we have is door to door salesmen (they definitely rank amongst the snakes!), the adder and the false widow.

there was a diamondback in my yard about a week before, but this little guy is a harmless coachwhip. eater of rodents, birds, lizards, frogs. coachwhips will chase rattlesnakes away, so i'm happy to see this one.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    That's bad ass. Diamond Back bearing a dose of free venom.

Thank god the worst we have is door to door salesmen (they definitely rank amongst the snakes!), the adder and the false widow.

That's a whole lot better I guess. It looked like a diamond back from the photo angle. Then again, I'm no expert on snakes being in a country where 99.9% of the population will never ever see one in their entire lives even if they do trudge all over the moors and fields. It appears the false widow is becoming far more of an problem.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    That's a whole lot better I guess. It looked like a diamond back from the photo angle. Then again, I'm no expert on snakes being in a country where 99.9% of the population will never ever see one in their entire lives even if they do trudge all over the moors and fields. It appears the false widow is becoming far more of an problem.
    here's a diamondback i caught a while back. i transplant them out of yards and into the desert. i don't hurt them. it's not their fault they're bitey and deadly.

Name:	_DSC0482.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	185.8 KB 
ID:	43799