Thread: dsli_jon show

Default dsli_jon show

Just wanted to say thanks Jon for giving me the behind the scene's look of a laser show, he had a show in my state that I was able to make. I also met Steve at the show, thanks to both of them for the conversation and wealth of information I gained. I only got one shot of the show it was for the local Lions Club festival.

leading in trailing technology

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Just wanted to say thanks Jon for giving me the behind the scene's look of a laser show, he had a show in my state that I was able to make. I also met Steve at the show, thanks to both of them for the conversation and wealth of information I gained. I only got one shot of the show it was for the local Lions Club festival.
    I'd like to thank Polishedball for helping out quite a bit post gig. I hope you enjoyed yourself. I'm sure Jon will post a few more pics soon.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Cool

Sir JM -

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    I'd like to thank Polishedball for helping out quite a bit post gig. I hope you enjoyed yourself.
    Heartily-seconded! Thanks for pitchin-in - whether you had wanted-to or not.. I was quite amused that 'Unkle Steve' put you right to werk... ...Way-to 'break 'em in', P'fessor! ...Just thank your lucky-thistles this wasn't an Ion-gig...

Here's a couple more shots... ran out of 'space' so, not much more than these couple, outside of the Sponsor logo-shots, etc...nothin 'spectacular' really, but the Client and crowd were happy...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSLI_LOMI_1.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	204.6 KB 
ID:	18130Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSLI_LOMI_2.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	171.6 KB 
ID:	18131

...and, once again, SkeetaSkrim was our 'hero' - easily makes a 2.5W solid-state show look like a 4W Purelight / mid-frame ion w/PCAOM... and 'look, ma, no hoses and 3Ø!' ...For these 'small' gigs, truly, the 'paradigm has shifted'...

..."And now, for something completely different"...

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    now...lets go blow something up
    ...Well, ok, then!!

Week-before this gig, we got tapped to do a short piece for the 'reality' show, "Destroy Build Destroy" - ran past-it, briefly, before, but not exactly something I'd normally 'burn brain cells-on' watching for hours, etc...

The 'set-up' was that this weeks 'losers' would 'suffer defeat' at the hands of the victors, by - not just having their 'rig' blown-up, as-usual - but by having it blown-up via a 'laser-beam-initiated' detonator (yes, it was 'staged'... they would *never* risk actual pyro guys with an optically-actuated det-cap...) The 'effect' was that it would 'look like' the laser 'blew up' the rig... ...Hey, it's tv, ok?

...Now, since there was like, 1-day-notice on this gig, we didn't have time to build one of our 'usual' KTP controllers, ie: This fine specimen, for Sir Clan, so I got the idea to whip-together what just might-possibly be the 'smallest' LS-controller out there...

Name:	DSC09594.JPG 
Views:	27 
Size:	277.1 KB 
ID:	18132Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC09595.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	199.6 KB 
ID:	18133Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC09593.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	288.9 KB 
ID:	18134

...Looking more-like a whacked scale-model of a 'Pod Racer' than something functional, it actually has full-control over Lamp-on, current hi/lo (and trim, from 0 to 40A) Q-Sw on/off, and a nice little interlock-trip warning LED... but the FUN PART... was getting to USE IT....

Name:	DSC09596.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	168.3 KB 
ID:	18135Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC09597.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	190.9 KB 
ID:	18136Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC09598.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	18137Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC09599.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	187.5 KB 
ID:	18138Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC09600.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	183.8 KB 
ID:	18139Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC09601.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	185.6 KB 
ID:	18140

...But my favorite-part (...besides the check-clearing, of course...) was getting to keep the totally-bitchin' Staff-T...

Name:	DSC09602.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	276.7 KB 
ID:	18141

...apparently, the 'episode' will air in Oct, sometime... I just hope that the brief-clip of my 'safety-speach' to the crew, etc, pre-fx, makes the 'cut' - I even grabbed the op to don safety-glasses - just to 'send the message'... (...and yes, this was all done safely / fully-terminated, with FAA-notif, 2 fire-marshals, and probably the NSA's blessing.. )

...ptptptpthht....electrical tape and balloons... BAH!!!

peace...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Nice Jon, that had to be fun. Oh and yeah I recognize that "drill" wrapped wire from somewhere
    leading in trailing technology

N i c e!

Did you use haze/fog or just rely on monster power for beam visibility?
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Did you use haze/fog or just rely on monster power for beam visibility?[/QUOTE]

Fogger under the screen, local humidity for everything else.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Cool

Hey Doc -

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Did you use haze/fog or just rely on monster power for beam visibility?
    Well, they did have these cool 'lawnmower foggers' but they did not run them in-between the laser and the 'rig' set-up - didn't want to obscure the view for the cammies... so, they had a bunch of foggers behind the set, and back-lit it all dramatic-like, so it looked like a shuttle-launch, or something... but the LS did its' job and lived up to its' rep and put out one heck of a solid beam that, when it hit the set piece, sent a monster glow back at us - looked like a krypton sun! We'll see how it comes out, 'in-camera', later on...

But it was fun... some easy cheddar on a Sat nite...

cheers...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...