Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Socalem 2011

Laser Warning Socalem 2011

California is a huge bitch and that is why I am calling it SOCALEM . I am going to take the laser by the projector and make this happen. I think if we set it up for January 2011 it should give enough time for a venue and sort out all the logistics.
    I can say that I have some non board members that will participate as well as some board members I have met in the last few weeks. We know that interest has been thrown about but it's hard to mountains unless someone takes charge.

The deal is to find a space large enough to handle a small group of ? with high ceilings and plenty of water and power. If we can get enough interest and have people pitch in we can have food catered. Or we can all just go out and find a place to grub. The concept I have is to mix the old with the new. My goal is to have a Laserium 600 projector open up the event and proceed from there. We can probably setup two or three areas. One for doing any tech stuff. Another for laser entertainment and another area for just plain getting away and taking a rest.

So now that I have put it out there let's get a head count. if we can also get a count on what type of gear people can bring.

We can make this happen.

Default Finally a SOCALEM!!!!

I agree it's about time that we get this going. I can bring myself and a half-baked projector that's putting out 1.5W of 532nm and a FB3. Hopefully I can talk my non-board member friend into coming and bringing some gear with him.

i should be able to bring LD2000 at the least, if i can plan the trip right... sounds like fun though!

Thumbs up

Great we also have Yadda Trance and Josh on-board. Old school guys that don't post much. I threw out an invite to Bob from Holo Spectra. He sounded 50/50 on it. I think it would be great to drag some of the old guys to this. Maybe even Ivan Dryer from Laser Images. In any case Carlos3621 is also on-board and has some really nice high powered projectors.
    Let's get some more people to chime in and try to nail a day to do this. If the interest picks up steam than maybe we can bump it up. I sent invite to at least 11 other people that expressed interest in the past.

Ivan

I should have a 1.3 watt R (650) G (532) B (445) projector finished by then, I also have FB3 as well.
    - instinct

@instinct

Since you're so close, we should hang out before the SOCALEM.

Default Yep, time to 'light this candle'!..

Yo, Iv -

If we can get 6911's 'hair-combed and teeth-brushed', in-time, I can offer the space for free - plenty of 3Ø and agua.. and mirrors.... ...and certainly, loud music and fog aint' no prob..

I'll be-back in LA on the 13th... let's chat.. fer real....

peas.
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    Yo, Iv -

If we can get 6911's 'hair-combed and teeth-brushed', in-time, I can offer the space for free - plenty of 3Ø and agua.. and mirrors.... ...and certainly, loud music and fog aint' no prob..

I'll be-back in LA on the 13th... let's chat.. fer real....

peas.
    j

Hey I am always game to get my hands dirty. Let's get the place detailed out.

this sounds like it will shape up well and i would kill to meet some of my west coast co-enthusiasts, as in relation to the rest, were not that far apart!

depending on my mode of transport i may be able to kidnap a df50 (diffusion hazer) for the ride as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DjHeadie View Post
    this sounds like it will shape up well and i would kill to meet some of my west coast co-enthusiasts, as in relation to the rest, were not that far apart!

depending on my mode of transport i may be able to kidnap a df50 (diffusion hazer) for the ride as well.
    Nice! When I get a free minute. Let's start by getting a head count on who is attending. We should also get an equipment list of things everyone can bring.
    I should have my 3.5 Watt Gas laser with a PCAOM . By then I should also have two 1.2 Watt RGB's and a few other Red and Green scan systems.

Ivan