Thread: ILDA cables and control

Default ILDA cables and control

Okay, so I have two RGB scanners and each one has a DB25 in and out. What I want to do is use one FB3 to control both lasers but I want the 2nd scanner to be inverted on certain parameters. Does anyone know where you can buy these kind of cables?

If not, where can I find a pinout so that I could solder it up myself?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

http://www.laserfx.com/Backstage.Las.../Pinouts9.html

If you want the X to be inverted (mirrored left/right), swap pins 1 and 14. Y invert is pins 2 and 15.

Most of the time you would probably want to invert X though if you have projectors hanging side by side.

If you do inverting a lot, you may find it useful to install two DPDT (dual pole, dual throw) swithes on your projectors so you can select whether to have X and Y in a regular fashion, or invert them.

Thank you. That's great advice on the switch.

If you will usually use them in pairs, then you can just permanently change the wiring in the projector so its reversed on the X axis. If you ever need to reverse the axis when using on its own you can just do it in software.

I have my 2 'flanker' RGB's set up like this and have yet to find a situation where I've wanted to switch it back again.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    If you will usually use them in pairs, then you can just permanently change the wiring in the projector so its reversed on the X axis. If you ever need to reverse the axis when using on its own you can just do it in software.

I have my 2 'flanker' RGB's set up like this and have yet to find a situation where I've wanted to switch it back again.
    Yes I will be using my RGBs in pairs one on each side of a truss. So you're saying on one of the projectors to open it up and switch pins 1 and 14 so it's permenantly inverted?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey851 View Post
    Yes I will be using my RGBs in pairs one on each side of a truss. So you're saying on one of the projectors to open it up and switch pins 1 and 14 so it's permenantly inverted?
    You can also make a small adaptor cable which has a female plug on one end and a male plug on the other, and which swaps the pins for you. (So instead of a straight cable, the cable has a small 'twist' in the pins which lead up to 1 and 14)

Using IDC connectors and a few inches of ribbon cable, such an adaptor can be built in under a few minutes.

Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Whoa that thing is cool. Thanks.