Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stampede at German Love Parade festival kills 15

Default Stampede at German Love Parade festival kills 15

At least 15 people have been killed at the Love Parade dance music festival in the German city of Duisburg...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-10751899
    Move toward the light!

Very sad

I read somewhere, that will be the last Love Parade..
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

on the BBC news last night they said a million people attend, a million really...
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

holy crap thats insane... some bad planning I guess, the event organizers, city are probably going to get a lot of crap for all that...

Very sad news.

I know a lot of people complain about health and safety, but it is necessary. A number of big festivals in the UK are limited to the number of people who get let in. Being spread across a city must make it very difficult to control crowds. I am sure many lessons will be learnt.

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    on the BBC news last night they said a million people attend, a million really...

One million ....and apparently ONLY one way in and out...it appears as though hundreds were trying to leave and were pointed to the tunnel(exit) as thousands tried to get in the same way... resulting in the carnage... crazy!
    Move toward the light!

Quote Originally Posted by KevSki View Post
    One million ....and apparently ONLY one way in and out...it appears as though hundreds were trying to leave and were pointed to the tunnel(exit) as thousands tried to get in the same way... resulting in the carnage... crazy!
    No, they closed the gates because the festival terrain was full, but there was still a huge flow of people coming from the train station.

Unhappy

Terribly sad.

I was involved in a crowd crush once, but fortunately for me I was far enough back that I wasn't in any real danger, so long as I stayed on my feet. Also fortunately, no one was seriously injured at the event, but a few people did have some pretty bad bruises from being pushed up against a chain-link fence.

It's amazing how powerful the force of a crowd crush is. We were laughing at the time, because we could lift our feet off the ground and be totally supported by the crush of pressure from the bodies around us. We were too young to recognize the danger though. If one of us had somehow slipped to the ground, we could have been trampled.

The news here is reporting that German officials have already said they will not hold this festival ever again because of the deaths.

Adam

Very sad

That makes me thinking I'm going to the Street Parade in Zurich in two weeks, and the number of attending people is similar... I hope there will be nothing bad like this. According to the autorities it's unlikely to happen due to the different configuration of the streets and accesses, but who know, when near 1 million persons are in the same place...