Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lightspace Leo series

Default Lightspace Leo series

Hi,

I am about to purchase my first laser, and was wondering what people think about the Lightspace Leo series? as I have failed to find any discussion about them, but have read good things about the higher end models. In particular I am looking at the Leo Pure Diode RGB 1200mW model as it is within my tight budget (800USD). My requirements are to produce a white(ish) light using ILDA beam and scan effects. Are there any others I should look at in this price range?

http://www.eightonlight.cn/list/Laser/Leoseries/

Thanks, David.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Don't know anything about the Leo series but, if the higher end projectors from Lightspace are any indication, you shouldn't go wrong with it and I doubt there will be anything at that price that's going to significantly blow it out of the water.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Would you think this Lightspace Leo model: Pure Diode RGB 1200mW (Diode -637nm: >340mw, Diode -520nm: >360mw, Diode -445nm: >500mw)
    would be significantly better than a cheaper Laserworld CS-1000RGB?

Hi Davivid

Wellcome to PL and the endless moneypit of lasers.

I really can`t speak of experience for the Laserworld projector, but i can reccomend the Lasers from Lightspace. If you search around this forum for Laserworld, I guess you don`t find to many positive posts. It seems that LW are selling theyr projectors with specifications way over what is real, meaning a 1000 mW projector delivers 500-600 mW real output.

As for the Lightspace, I have not heard anybody complaining in receiving a projector with performance below specifications. If these are in the same pricerange, I would not consider the Laserworld Projector at all.

Only disadvantage I can think of, is access to service. I dont know where you are located, and my guess would be to ship the unit back to China if you are not able to fix things yourself. Laserworld have a wider distribution net and places to handle service of something breaks down.

For the performance - The Leo will be a whole different story. Pay attention to divergence of the RED beam - speed of the Galvos (morrors that draws the image). My memory tells me that the Laserworld uses a red module with twice the divergence than for the blue and green.

All of my statements are stright from the head, and no googling done to confirm them.
    __________________________________________________ __________

More projects than time available.
    More projects started than finished.
    More money spent than earned.
    More failure than success.
    Just got to love lasers!

As stated, don't even waste your time with Laserworld. At $800 for the Leo, while it sounds like a lot to a new person, honestly that's spare change in this hobby. I've paid that just to get a projector shipped. I don't think you'll go wrong with the Leo. Hell, for a pure diode projector that I don't have to build myself, for $800 you've got ME thinking about one.

Yes. Go for the lightspace. The ONLY advantage of the laserworld laser is that it is technically varianced for use in the USA.

Im based in the UK, so it sounds like Lightspace is the way to go then!

However it seems the quote they gave me was a little confusing... they have been referring to a model called LEO RGB 1.2W but doesn't match the one listed on the website.

They are offering the following specs (lower than what I originally posted):
    Red637nm 170mw, G520nm 120mw, B445nm 1000mw, ILDA-30kpps.
    Red, green, blue beam size is 4mm, divergence is less than 0.8mrad full angle

Is this still a good deal for the money?
    Last edited by davivid; 07-03-2014 at 00:54.

Purchased!
    Will post my thoughts about the unit after I had some decent play time. Thanks for all of your advice.

Quote Originally Posted by davivid View Post
    Im based in the UK, so it sounds like Lightspace is the way to go then!

However it seems the quote they gave me was a little confusing... they have been referring to a model called LEO RGB 1.2W but doesn't match the one listed on the website.

They are offering the following specs (lower than what I originally posted):
    Red637nm 170mw, G520nm 120mw, B445nm 1000mw, ILDA-30kpps.
    Red, green, blue beam size is 4mm, divergence is less than 0.8mrad full angle

Is this still a good deal for the money?
    My guess will be that the projector could be a little dominant in the blue region as it is 5 times the effect of the other colours, but remember that the 445nm is less visible to the human eye. 0,8mrad is better than any other PJ i have seen out there for that kind of money.

Please stay safe and invest in a diecent pair of safety goggles as well. 1400mW of lasers can do nasty stuff to the retina inside your eye.

Have fun.
    __________________________________________________ __________

More projects than time available.
    More projects started than finished.
    More money spent than earned.
    More failure than success.
    Just got to love lasers!

Quote Originally Posted by davivid View Post
    Purchased!
    Will post my thoughts about the unit after I had some decent play time. Thanks for all of your advice.
    Please do. And your shipping time. I'm still thinking of getting one or two and possibly in time for SELEM but I'll need to move quickly so I hope to see something soon.