Thread: I want this stewardess!

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Default I want this stewardess!

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/252526...hit-marty-cobb

This supposedly is going viral right now so you may have seen it. If not... it's a funny frickin' 3 minutes! I'd marry her!

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

No No No.

It's supposed to be a safety announcement NOT entertainment.

She's barreling along so fast that she's barely coherent.

If they want to combine safety announcements with humour then follow New Zealand Air's lead.

Independence air (now defunct) did a nice job with it too. They hired comedians to do funny versions of the safety briefings, which were recorded and then played back on each flight. The pacing was slow enough to follow, and they still worked in enough humor to make it worth listening to. If I remember correctly, there were three different versions of the briefing. Here's the one Dennis Miller did for them:

The flight attendant in the viral video is certainly funny, but I agree that it was way too rushed. If you had never flown before it would have been confusing.

Adam

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Brad, Your showing your age. Call a Flight Attendant a Stew these days and you'll be riding duct taped to the wing. :-)
    IF she lets you live. I dated a FA, and lets just say they are proud of what they do...

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 04-18-2014 at 05:50. Reason: I miss my Trollie Dollie
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Yes, I do know the "politically correct" term is flight attendant. And I should have probably titled it as such.

Now... off to plesantly daydream about the kinkyness of "flight attendant" and "duct tape" being in the same sentance.

I admit she would probably make good wife material, were it not for the fact that she spends her time flying all over the place and thus would never be home...

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    I admit she would probably make good wife material, were it not for the fact that she spends her time flying all over the place and thus would never be home...

Adam
    You say that like it's a bad thing... Isn't that sort of "ideal"? lol

Until you realize that when she is in the mood, chances are she will be 1000 miles away in a hotel with the rest of the flight crew (who are probably single). You can guess what that leads to...

Adam

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Until you realize that when she is in the mood, chances are she will be 1000 miles away in a hotel with the rest of the flight crew (who are probably single). You can guess what that leads to...

Adam

As some one has flown for the past year nearly every week, 1. FAs are rarely single or even attractive any more. Equal opportunity is the rule now. 2. Marty Cobb(I've flown on her route, and remember her voice) runs a tight, safe, ship on one of SW's more demanding routes. 3. FAs are usually in their 40-50s, married, mother of two, and not interested in any fun. 4. Airplane captains are usually typical aviators when off duty, ie "Its all about me, I'm a aviator..", but on duty and at the hotel, or on the bus, its nearly impossible to get them to talk, or even answer questions, per company policy. Having stayed in crew hotels (usually a dump) when better accommodation was not available, I never saw a FA "hanging off" her captain's arm, in uniform or otherwise, even at 3 AM.

Post 9-11, with about the exception of SW, US Based crews keep the cabin quiet and disciplined, talking to other passengers generally earns you a stern stare or intervention. SW has toned down the flights, its been about two years since I've seen a guitar in the hands of a FA. SW seems to allow a bit of in cabin humor, but everyone else seems to stay focused on people management, in a dry way.

SAS also allowed a bit of fun, and the food was superb. SAS internal flights in Northern Europe was staffed by multilingual ladies who certainly were "10s", at least when they were younger.

FA is now a tough, focused, job... It's not "coffee, tea, or milk...." any more.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 04-22-2014 at 13:05.
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...