Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just Finished My LaserBoy DAC!

Default Just Finished My LaserBoy DAC!

Hey Everyone,
    I just finished my LaserBoy DAC yesterday. Completely USB powered too! I used the 5V from the sound card to power a DC-DC converter that outputs -/+ 12V. Now all I need is a case to put it in. Any suggestions? the amp board is approximately 5" X 4". Many thanks to James for his numerous PM's caused by me picking his brain. I still have lots to learn about the software but It seems very easy to use.
    Thanks Again!
    Adam

More pics...
    http://www.putfile.com/album/195544

Thanks Again!
    Adam
    Last edited by 300EVIL; 07-18-2008 at 17:28.

Awesome! I am glad more people are using the sound card DAC. It opens the doors to a lot of people who aren't ready to spend an extra $500 just to display some pictures. I hope you try out my Spaghetti software. I'm trying very hard to improve it over time to the point where it is as good as off the shelf software.

Quote Originally Posted by carmangary View Post
    Awesome! I am glad more people are using the sound card DAC. It opens the doors to a lot of people who aren't ready to spend an extra $500 just to display some pictures. I hope you try out my Spaghetti software. I'm trying very hard to improve it over time to the point where it is as good as off the shelf software.
    Yeah, I have a Pangolin QM-2000 now but I also want to learn more. I always enjoy building stuff myself and getting it to work. I wasn't aware that Spaghetti worked with a sound card DAC! Hell yes I'll try it! Where can I download the software?
    Thanks!
    Adam

Excellent work!
    Nice and clean!
    Pretty, rainbow-colored wires too!

You're alright, man!
    You're a lot of fun to talk to.

Now, lets see some laser pictures!

James.

Thanks! I'll check it out and wright a review. Don't hold your breath though. I have to still wright reviews for my Pangolin gear, my "50K" LaserWorld galvos and now the Laserboy software.

Quote Originally Posted by James Lehman View Post
    Excellent work!
    Nice and clean!
    Pretty, rainbow-colored wires too!

You're alright, man!
    You're a lot of fun to talk to.

Now, lets see some laser pictures!

James.
    Thanks! I don't build stuff half ass. I have many unfinished projects that I refuse to just slop together. I wait until I have what I consider to be the right components as well as the tools to do it right. I'll post some pics of the output soon.
    Thanks again for all the help, I know time isn't cheap.
    Adam

A review would be nice because I am always asking for input. I don't get much feedback from folks on here.

Glad to see another one! Give the driver a try with laseroids when you get a chance!

carmangary,

Do you have a LaserBoy DAC?

James.

Sort of. I have a couple sound cards (one PCI, one USB) that I expirmented with and hooked up to an oscope to verify it all works. I never built the opamp circuit to allow me to use it with my scanner, though. When I started my Spaghetti software I had sound card DACs in mind and I was close to having a driver written, like Dr. Lava's, but I abandoned that idea when I got a good deal on a Moncha DAC. I added support for sound card DACs to Spaghetti after DrLava wrote his driver. I also have an EasyLase DAC so don't really have a need for a sound card DAC but one of these days I'll probably modify the USB sound card that I bought for that purpose.

Anyway, why do you ask?