Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gas Laser Wanted

Default Gas Laser Wanted

Hi

I would like to add a nice Gas laser to my ever expanding collection. I'm in contact with someone on this forum regarding an LEXEL 85, but before I finally take the plunge I just wanted to know if anyone else is considering selling a nice Gas Laser system. If it's got some krypton in there it's even better

The criteria i'm looking for are...

Multi Line Argon or whitelight (Ar/Kr)

Single phase electrics at ~230v

Air or re-circulating water cooled

Minimum output of 1watt (all lines)

Polarised output

MUST be in excellent to good condition both cosmetically and electrically with good tube.

I'm also interested in a PCAOM (8 channel) and scanners.

If you have a complete or a part set up you're considering selling please get in touch with me by PM with your sensible asking price.

I'm based in the UK, but am willing to import if necessary for the right system.

Cheers

Jem
    Last edited by Jem; 07-17-2008 at 21:15. Reason: Damn, I must get these laser numbers right. It's a Lexel 85 !!, not an ALC :rolleyes:
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

is this a silly question?

where would you go to buy a brand new white light???

i wouldnt have a clue?
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

There are quite a few gassers still available from places like:Laser electronics and HB Laser. But they are usually SP Chroma 5's or 10's that I have seen.... 5 and 10 watts respectively and require a second mortgage to buy and about 6 people to lug the massive PSU onto stages and then there's the 6' long laser head... Then there's water cooling at 8 gallons per minute... Eeeuuuurrrggghh!!!!!

But having said that, they are the nicest lasers I have ever seen in the flesh..

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
    There are quite a few gassers still available from places like:Laser electronics and HB Laser. But they are usually SP Chroma 5's or 10's that I have seen.... 5 and 10 watts respectively and require a second mortgage to buy and about 6 people to lug the massive PSU onto stages and then there's the 6' long laser head... Then there's water cooling at 8 gallons per minute... Eeeuuuurrrggghh!!!!!

But having said that, they are the nicest lasers I have ever seen in the flesh..

Mark
    Hi Mark

I'm not so ambitious I would like something between 1 and 2 watts that runs off single phase. I like air cooling or re-circulating water (with chiller) due to its simplicity. The key thing for me is condition, it's got to be good.

I would prefer not to have to sell the car or re-mortgage the house, we'll see what turns up

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

would a 40watt laserscope not interest you?
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    would a 40watt laserscope not interest you?
    Nah, not really. I want gas

Besides, my workshop is made from wood

lol fair enough, i hope you get one Jem.

would love to see two white lights at UKLM4
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Hi Jem,
    Got a spare Lexel 88 unit here that I may be willing to part with. All in good nick and regassed by HB in 2006. Multiline with Neos and scanners. Make an offer :-)

Lex

andy - you will see 2 whitelights at this meet. Mine (hopefully) and Smogs Hybrid. Im sure it will impress you - as its mostly gas

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

lol mostly isnt good enough (joking)
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat