Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally, a little sanity...

Thumbs up Finally, a little sanity...

Wicked Lasers has just been served a cease and desist order, from non other than Lucasfilm Ltd! Link.

Adam

Thumbs up

NICE! I'd much rather have Wicked be told to stop than... their supplier. Kind of an interesting angle on the cease and desist order.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Cool

Well, Casio played it smart. In their promotional materials they never mention anything about the source of blue in their video projectors.

Wicked, on the other hand, openly advertised the Arctic Spyder 3 as a light saber. Guess they didn't count on Lucasfilm protecting their trademarks...

And yeah, I'm glad that the cease and desist order was aimed at Wicked and not at someone else.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    NICE! I'd much rather have Wicked be told to stop than... their supplier.
    For sure...

Not only did they advertise their new pointer as a light sabre, at first they spilled all the beans about exactly where these LDs come from right there in the description of the Arctic.. I'm sure the "supplier" was not too thrilled about that. They removed that information pretty early on, though.

Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

But will they ever learn?

This was advertised on their website within 10 minutes.

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Wicked Lasers has just been served a cease and desist order, from non other than Lucasfilm Ltd! Link.

Adam
    yesterday:
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ad.php?t=11640
    leading in trailing technology

Hmmm... so what would happen if I invented a real lightsaber? Get sued by lucasfilm because they could only make fake ones?

More press means more sales. They will just change how they advertise. That's just my thoughts of course.

I think the flaw here as described by people on A N Other forum is that WL never actually described it as a "light saber" , theres no mention on their website , however most of the blogs/news etc picked it up as one and was seen openly described as such ...however not by WL ... so i cant imagine its their responsibility ... if they did not initiate it ..... theres a huge amount of chatter on some A N Other forums some of it quite detailed legally etc and it does seem theres no legal barrier as best i can ascertain to export this to most countries ... and WL will likely find other dispatch points and customs "descriptions" to be able to dispatch anyways. Theres talk of 6000-8000 units sold and over a million dollars taken in ten days , thats a lot of CASH to grease the right palms

There are still open in saying the diodes come from a certain projector
    http://www.wickedlasers.com/laser-te...ic_series.html

and if you havent seen the video of the unit in action ....

http://www.youtube.com/v/H-SduY4A2kE

With all the Hoo Ha over here in PL i thougt this would be vapourware nd a lot of refunding going on , but its really looks like is going to be reality and here to stay ...............
    Last edited by Lasermad; 06-29-2010 at 09:32.
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers