Thread: Expert at breaking off galvo mirrors

Default Expert at breaking off galvo mirrors

BUT total noob on fixing..(regluing etc)

Is it ever advisable to swap ends and glue back a mirror that has 'broken' off-??
    the missing piece of mirror is of course in the end of the shaft- I would say it represents less that 1% of the mirror before I barely touched it and it fell off- If I shipped the whole block to CT would they replace both mirrors to be sure of a perfect match?
    - would that be expensive?
    The manual that came with these 6800s tells of a 'kit' with both mirrors- an alignment tool(jig) and ample glue- but that was many years ago and at CT now I see nothing about any such kit.

If it helps any - the mirrors look to me to be ~3mmX5mm- and both X & Y *seem* to be the same size.

I should have never taken them from thier nice cotton filled box until I was ready to mount them to my base. I was asked if I did any metering to see if they still work and that was something I should have not tried to do. I distinctly heard that tiny voice in my head say ' DUH!!!You are going to F. U. Hak...do not try to test these- have faith they look unused so do not touch you FOOL!!'-- should coulda woulda--

I have bought new mirrors from OneStopLaserShop for my CT6800HPs and fitted them myself without a jig. It takes patience and precision, but it is doable. I have instructions from them on how to do it if you want those.

Quote Originally Posted by taggalucci View Post
    I have bought new mirrors from OneStopLaserShop for my CT6800HPs and fitted them myself without a jig. It takes patience and precision, but it is doable. I have instructions from them on how to do it if you want those.
    Just curious do you recall, don't they get like $100 a set for the mirrors?
    leading in trailing technology

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Last week I purchased two Broadband Dielectric Mirrors 7.5mm x 13mm x .7mm for $35.95 each from OneStopLaserShop for my DT40 pro ($71.90 total + shipping)

Quote Originally Posted by djpsych View Post
    Last week I purchased two Broadband Dielectric Mirrors 7.5mm x 13mm x .7mm for $35.95 each from OneStopLaserShop for my DT40 pro ($71.90 total + shipping)
    I think the CT's go for more and are a different thickness. Thanks for the info though. OT: Your 1.5W turned out awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    I paid $200 for an X and Y set of silver coated CT mirrors. I'm sure there are less expensive options.

Here are the instructions that came with...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Replacement Mirror Removal Procedure For The 62XXH.pdf 
Views:	40 
Size:	84.4 KB 
ID:	33690

...TY Tagg for the PDF-

the mirrors on this 6800 are both the same size and both oriented the same- parrallel to the shaft. they look both gold and when the light hits right very blue.
    I think I may try to re-glue the barely damaged one back in but switch ends so the tiny chipped end is away from the shaft.
    I was told by PeiJian of DT that the sets of replacement mirrors can be gotten when buying a scanset for 10 $ per pair.

The X mirror is normally smaller than the Y mirror. Perhaps you can use that to your advantage.

American and Chinese mirrors are usually different thickness and watt rated different in case of ct's. You will if you replace want the exact same weighted mirrors. If you use more epoxy or less than when they were tuned originally you will most likely need a retune of the amps. The weight on the galvo is critical.

Quote Originally Posted by hakzaw1 View Post
    ...TY Tagg for the PDF-

the mirrors on this 6800 are both the same size and both oriented the same- parrallel to the shaft. they look both gold and when the light hits right very blue.
    I think I may try to re-glue the barely damaged one back in but switch ends so the tiny chipped end is away from the shaft.
    I was told by PeiJian of DT that the sets of replacement mirrors can be gotten when buying a scanset for 10 $ per pair.