Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freaknight 2010 a big night for Lasers Saturday Oct 30th

Default Freaknight 2010 a big night for Lasers Saturday Oct 30th

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/SCOTTA%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]I'm super stoked to be working with Slick Rick, Gene, Headie and others who I haven't met. Tomorrow is Freak night here in Seattle. By far the biggest show of the year and my RGY now has B! I can't wait to get my hands on it and play in a room this grand. There are going to be lasers running in all 3 floors spaces by some of the most enthusiastic Laserist in Seattle as well as folks in here.

If you are in Seattle and looking for beats and beams make sure to go.

Cheers,
    Matt
    Slick Laser 2.4w RGB
    Omnisistem 1991 RG Q-Beam
    Hene Tube
    Shitty mistake Chauvet Scorpion fat beam

Wish I was joining you guys!! Have fun. We're throwing a little kid halloween party. My how things change in just a few years...

Mike

That's too bad

In a way we are going to be at a kid party too lol with beer gardens though

Slick Lasers has pulled all the stops on this event. Its going to look spectacular.

Have a great Halloween.

Matt
    Slick Laser 2.4w RGB
    Omnisistem 1991 RG Q-Beam
    Hene Tube
    Shitty mistake Chauvet Scorpion fat beam

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1040821.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	2.21 MB 
ID:	20687Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1040811.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	3.16 MB 
ID:	20686Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1040873.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	2.14 MB 
ID:	20685Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1040906.JPG 
Size:	2.79 MB 
ID:	20684Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1040822.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	3.29 MB 
ID:	20683Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1040887.JPG 
Size:	2.70 MB 
ID:	20682Show is finally over.... only killed about 10 blue diodes, 1 pangolin card, and 1 brand new 4Watt Viasho laser with less than 45 minutes on it, but the show was a great success... Thank you Gene, Headie, Matt, and Jonathan for all of your outstanding work and help, couldn't have done it without all your help... It looked AWESOME!!!! 10 lasers, 7 dataflash strobes, 4 Alphabeam300 moving heads, a pair of 4k video projectors, the LED Tube Wall, a bunch of led lights and some blacklights... Wow... can't wait to see all the pics and videos from the night... I'll post some more when i get a chance...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtUVOzu6rHw

Nice show, pity the lasers had to compete with the LED's so much.

Those 445's looked nice on their own.

A couple of crappy cell phone videos of stage 3 where I had my RGB. Everything else that put out light was Ricks on this stage. Ya, I know the quality sucks and the sound sucks even more....

Next time I do a gig with Rick and he brings the Alphabeam300's, I'm wearing sunglasses. Those things are mega fucking BRIGHT!

I have to give Rick credit for not freaking out and losing it when some shit went wrong. He kept his cool and just took care of business and none of the audience had a clue there were some issues. All on a few hours sleep for the whole week.

Freaknight way too much fun!!! And just when I thought I had seen most everything, a 16' tall guy on stilts showed up.

And one of the main stage with Ricks 5w blues.

*a big exhale*

this was the fucking gig. best part of it is we had two the night before as well! but i know rick didnt sleep for the better part of a week, and to be completely honest we not only pulled those 5w and 1w pairs of 445nm out of where the sun refuses to shine, but had to do the same for repairs the entire night. i soldered almost until lights out, and sadly there was more that rick knocked out later that night. i truly have to say everyone involved was 100% on point. rick, matt, jon the boys on our small side (laser-freakout) stage, ronnie and everyone else involved, im still a little frazzed so im sorry if i forget anyone. those ABeams are effing fun. there were a few parts of the night where i was running all 4 lasers, and the dmx controller, and the dataflash strobes. that was way too fun, shows like this are why we do it!

now to the gripes. @Viasho! to be completely honest up until this point i was under the impression that your products were near if not TOP notch. granted, i have never seen a 4W by you before, but this specimen was gorgeous, up until it popped... pretty sure ricks heart popped the second it did, and lucky for us a backup was in place. the unlucky part is the promoter noticed, as 4W of 532nm is definitely noticed by all when dropped. I am not trying to slander or throw any negativity towards you, but i know that laser cost quite a bit of money, enough to pay off the balance of my car, and as far as the runtime resulting from its life-span, ranks it as quite spendy, at ~$100/min. I am sure you will remedy this situation, as we were really looking forward to seeing what you could offer in high power modules, but i implore you to prove that high powers such as these are something that Viasho can excel in, rather than sink ships. luckily our ship wasnt sunk, but i know for a fact we took in a good bit of water over this experience, and am less apprehensive to make a statement about it.

anyways.

boom.

Quote Originally Posted by DjHeadie View Post
    i truly have to say everyone involved was 100% on point. rick, matt, jon the boys on our small side (laser-freakout) stage, ronnie and everyone else involved, im still a little frazzed so im sorry if i forget anyone.
    You forgot me and Zack.....but that's ok! LOL

I'll make it right with ya for running my laser when I was out having a smoke...

Send me your bill for laser operator first, and I will send you back a bill for the QM2000 rental. Let's see who's bill is bigger! Just kidding....hahahaha

Gene

I forgot more than just you and Zack, I'm just still frazzed from it all. Sorry about that but it was great to finally meet you gene. I want you to know you are always welcome to come kick it at my place, whether to geek out or just chill. I've always got something going on haha.

As far as the qm2000 it seems my net card is kaput. Verifying this further in the am but it just does not come to life.